2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can people not just be pleased that the kid is developing well and has an excellent attitude. This is his first real run up front and he is showing that he is improving. Is it not nice to see the young lads develop but we all dont know how good he can be but he's earned the spot for this season.

It doesnt have to be so black n white, brilliant or rubbish there's plenty of middle ground and he's proved he can at least be a very good squad player.

Lets just see how he goes and encourage him.

Aside from his rubbish finishing he's becoming a top player. Not keen on him being our starter upfront next season but he's getting there.

Gerrard and Keane were just different types of player. It's like comparing Gomes and Gana, they're not doing the same things. Keane actually had the ability to score goals, as evidenced by his record at Forest where he scored 32 goals from midfield by the age of 21 (DCL has 17 for us by the age of 22 just for context) but at United he was given a different role due to the attacking options they had.

Bergkamp's just an awful example for you to use really. Aswell as the fact that his scoring record was much better than that until he reached the veteran stage and the goals dried up, you have to remember he wasn't the main striker for Arsenal. He played a role like Sigurdsson plays for, us behind Wright and then Henry who definitely were prolific. They were the ones in DCL's position. Bergkamp was also a gifted player capable of moments of match winning magic, either scoring unbelievable goals or ripping teams open with passes. He was not a Dutch Shane Long.

So what you are actually agreeing is that some players inputs aren't measurable in goals.....

Which in short is what we are saying about DCL...

Selection of players that moved for more than £12m in 2018/19:

- Davy Klaassen
- Diego Rico (can't displace Charlie Daniels at Bournemouth)
- Benik Afobe to Stoke City FC
- Rachid Ghezzal (can't get in Leicester team)
- DANNY WARD
- Sokratis LOL
- ALFIE EFFING MAWSON
- Ben Gibson
- Terence Kongolo

I started crying after this.

I understand overpaid prices but how many of them are slotters. DCL is a striker who doesn't score enough. Still only my opinion and yet again I stick with 12m

So Bambi is now offering the same to the team as these:

How did you get on with your comprehension part of the 11 plus?

Q:- If Bob says to Bill that his Mondeo estate does a valuable job for him, the same way Bills Range Rover does for Bill, as Bob needs plenty of boot storage and Bill lives in an area where his range rover gets him across muddy fields..

Is Bob saying that

A. Mondeos are better than Range Rovers

B. both cars do a valuable job for both of them

Or

C. I don't get it ... which car scores more goals?

How did you get on with your comprehension part of the 11 plus?

Q:- If Bob says to Bill that his Mondeo estate does a valuable job for him, the same way Bills Range Rover does for Bill, as Bob needs plenty of boot storage and Bill lives in an area where his range rover gets him across muddy fields..

Is Bob saying that

A. Mondeos are better than Range Rovers

B. both cars do a valuable job for both of them

Or

C. I don't get it ... which car scores more goals?

I’d ask both Bob and Bill why their cars are scoring goals!! Are these magical cars, like Herbie???

Doesn't really matter.

Mawson a defender that can't defend went for more than £12m.

I'll give a striking example: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/vincent-janssen/profil/spieler/207015

The difference is in the past record. Spurs gambled on a Dutch striker that had proven that he could score plenty of goals whereas DCL hasn't got any proof of being able to score plenty of goals. Nothing to compare with DCL. They would look at him as a young striker with no record so until he starts slotting at a better rate his record as a striker will have the most important stat of scoring goals as 'Not that good'

The difference is in the past record. Spurs gambled on a Dutch striker that had proven that he could score plenty of goals whereas DCL hasn't got any proof of being able to score plenty of goals. Nothing to compare with DCL. They would look at him as a young striker with no record so until he starts slotting at a better rate his record as a striker will have the most important stat of scoring goals as 'Not that good'

I mean your entire argument falls apart when Solanke goes for £20m with 1 PL goal to his name.

Status
Not open for further replies.