2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally am excited ny his big development and improvement during an established run in the first team, it's very encouraging for next season and beyond. I keep saying it but Dom could save us a fortune in the transfer market if he keeps this up, we'd only need one not two strikers.

I actually think @pedro1976 is DCL

I'm not in any way affiliated with DCL... if I was I would be using stronger language.

We used to be known as knowledgeable - it seems we have fans who wouldn't know a thing about a football if it bounced off lukakus shin and smacked them right in the face.

The club has been success starved for years and it seems to be synonymous with a generation of fans who believe hype and expense = quality.

The fact that a fan will use lukaku as a stick to beat DCL with is the height of footballing stupidity. A player who reached his peak before 25 who spent every minute of his inconsistent time here with one foot out the door... who has not improved one jot as a player in the past 3 years and who will get offloaded and wants to be offloaded cos he isn't good enough and lacks the bottle to play for the big stakes.

DCL is coming on leaps and bounds.... I don't think I've seen a player progress so quickly. Always been a true gifted athlete but his footballing brain and technique is getting better all the time. An England call up beckons and those goals will come.

He's our best option atm, which isn't saying a huge amount, but he's a good foil for our actual goal threats who I imagine love playing with him. He can hold the ball up, has pace and desire and is good in the air, we seem to be carrying a more sustained threat in the opponent's half, and attacks aren't breaking down as often.

That being said, we need to invest in the summer. We don't need a 20+ goal a season striker, and the Lukaku shouts are obvs ludicrous, but certainly having someone who carries a goal threat themselves would be a nice addition. Though you never know, DCL could keep improving, and I hope he does

I'm not in any way affiliated with DCL... if I was I would be using stronger language.

We used to be known as knowledgeable - it seems we have fans who wouldn't know a thing about a football if it bounced off lukakus shin and smacked them right in the face.

The club has been success starved for years and it seems to be synonymous with a generation of fans who believe hype and expense = quality.

The fact that a fan will use lukaku as a stick to beat DCL with is the height of footballing stupidity. A player who reached his peak before 25 who spent every minute of his inconsistent time here with one foot out the door... who has not improved one jot as a player in the past 3 years and who will get offloaded and wants to be offloaded cos he isn't good enough and lacks the bottle to play for the big stakes.

DCL is coming on leaps and bounds.... I don't think I've seen a player progress so quickly. Always been a true gifted athlete but his footballing brain and technique is getting better all the time. An England call up beckons and those goals will come.

I wasn’t using Lukaku specifically at the start , I was saying we need a striker that scores and someone said that DCL is better than Lukaku which he isn’t .

I wasn’t using Lukaku specifically at the start , I was saying we need a striker that scores and someone said that DCL is better than Lukaku which he isn’t .

DCL is a better footballer than lukaku. It's not even in question. Lukaku is a very technically poor footballer. If he couldn't finish he would be a league 1 player at best.

Awful control, can't time his jumps for headers, no positional awareness, no stamina, poor passer.... just not very good.

According to Gus Poyet, when DCL starts to score more he will be off after one season and everyone in football apparently knows this! At least Poyet has the decency to actually look like a muppet.

He said if he does everything he does now plus scores 20 goals he won’t be at Everton much longer. What was muppet about that?
We got 20 per season from Lukaku for 3 seasons when we had less money. He's going nowhere if he starts scoring for us, we don't need to sell.

DCL is a better footballer than lukaku. It's not even in question. Lukaku is a very technically poor footballer. If he couldn't finish he would be a league 1 player at best.

Awful control, can't time his jumps for headers, no positional awareness, no stamina, poor passer.... just not very good.

If DCL COULD finish he’d be a good striker :) you can’t just ignore Lukaku’s goals and finishing to make our hes crap. He’s alerting game isn’t up to top strikers standard but his finishing is top notch and that’s what I prefer on my main striker

Status
Not open for further replies.