2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukaku’s scored 187 goals so far in his career plus 45 goals at international level for Belgium at the age of 25. I honestly can’t see DCL reaching 232 goals in his whole career. Never mind by the age of 25.

He pissed me right off at Newcastle. He had an easy lay off for siggy when it has just gone 2-1 but instead he swiveled and took a hard chance on and missed.

Didn't you give Walcott loads of [Poor language removed] for doing the same but scoring?

You are right it's not easy to remember many more because he offers virtually zero goal threat.

Oh I remember last season at the Etihad when he went through 1 on 1 in the last minute and messed it up... Similar to when your mate Lukaku went through twice at that same ground and bagged them both

If Lukaku and DCL were both put up for sale this summer one would have loads of interest from top clubs and one would have Newcastle and Southampton asking

Quite a catalogue of misses there kid.... even quoting last season to try and rescue it...

The difference between lukaku and DCL is lukaku will be put up for sale and DCL won't...... the reason for that is one doesn't have a future at a top club and the other one does.....

Cheer yourself up with the fact that whilst you're badly wrong about him... he is our asset. You will look back on these posts as a learning I'm sure.

Quite a catalogue of misses there kid.... even quoting last season to try and rescue it...

The difference between lukaku and DCL is lukaku will be put up for sale and DCL won't...... the reason for that is one doesn't have a future at a top club and the other one does.....

Cheer yourself up with the fact that whilst you're badly wrong about him... he is our asset. You will look back on these posts as a learning I'm sure.

I honestly think you are DCL. IF Lukaku is put for sale he will go to another top club. He score goals for fun.

whilst the other is currently joint 43rd in the prem goal scoring charts for this season.

Did you miss the bit where i said it's actually hard to remember him having any chances??

Lukaku’s scored 187 goals so far in his career plus 45 goals at international level for Belgium at the age of 25. I honestly can’t see DCL reaching 232 goals in his whole career. Never mind by the age of 25.

I'd back DCL to score a hatful against Belgian postmen and bakers like lukaku did fora good chunk of those goals.....

I also back DCL to not shape like a fat retiring bloater at 25 either.....

Lukaku has had his best days.... let that sink in.

I honestly think you are DCL. IF Lukaku is put for sale he will go to another top club. He score goals for fun.

whilst the other is currently joint 43rd in the prem goal scoring charts for this season.

Did you miss the bit where i said it's actually hard to remember him having any chances??

Dry your years mate..... sorry to tell you santa doesnt exist but the big fat fraud has had his big move and failed.... he can't make it at United ... why would everywhere else supposedly big?

Turkey or China await him.... you just try and enjoy DCL

Another great Centre forward display from DCL...

Hold up play & laying the ball off was class & his aerial ability is second to none....

Continues to improve & his confidence will take a huge up surge when he starts scoring regularly...

Future is looking promising for him & the goals will come....

I just don’t see the point in rejigging 2-3 players when we could solve the problem with one shrewd signing up front

I suppose because if we take out a vital cog (too soon) you will have to do a lot more re-jigging!

I am naturally quite conservative in how I view football, and think if it works keep going with it.

What chances have you seen him miss which make you think he's a bad finisher? Obviously you will pick out the Fulham game but I'm sure there must be far more glaring misses for you to think this....

Have have seen him miss many last season , some from literally underneath the crossbar , his shots are not aimed into the corners and don’t hace enough power on them. Palace game this season, arsenal away when he should have squared to richy at 0-0 while 1 on 1 only to neither shoot or pass etc

He plays because THEY HAVE A WORLD CLASS WINGER two aurguably. So again I ask, which is more likely for us? Signing at least one world class winger or two that average 15+ goals a season or a single striker that can score 15-20?

You need to score goals to be successful if he’s so good and brings out the best of everyone around him , why are we 7th and about 18points behind 6th with the weakest Chelsea and Man U and arsenal sides above us by a mile. Look at the top teams, do any of them have a hard working forward that doesn’t score as their main striker?

Actually, we already have two very good potentially world class wingers, one of whom will get close to or more than 15 goals this season, and we have some Icelandic guy who could get the same this season. Our other potentially world class winger has only scored a couple,but our older winger has also chipped in with about 4. And i'm sure the Turkish bloke has got a couple, and that French left back must have about three. Has the little bloke who runs with his head down got any?

Actually, we already have two very good potentially world class wingers, one of whom will get close to or more than 15 goals this season, and we have some Icelandic guy who could get the same this season. Our other potentially world class winger has only scored a couple,but our older winger has also chipped in with about 4. And i'm sure the Turkish bloke has got a couple, and that French left back must have about three. Has the little bloke who runs with his head down got any?

Realistaically you can’t really expect any more from Digne or the rest of the defence , maybe Coleman like you said the return from siggy and richy is good and may be improved upon but not by a massive amount , Bernard has never scored many so the extra goals we need have to come from cm or OUT STRIKER, unless you think we score enough already ?

Status
Not open for further replies.