2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
His best game for Everton was against,I think,Arsenal, when Martinez cleverly started him on the right wing,completely bamboozling the Arsenal defence. I remember Lukaku cutting inside and hitting a screamer.

The point is he played over 100 games for us.... these bullying centre half performances can be counted on one hand. I've seen leon osman bully players more than that fraud.

The point is he played over 100 games for us.... these bullying centre half performances can be counted on one hand. I've seen leon osman bully players more than that fraud.

And of them 100 games how many goals did he score? 68 or something wasn’t it?

You can’t tell me that if Lewis was sitting on 12-15 league goals this year that we wouldn’t have won a heap more points and at least seventh would have been achieved already

"We need a 20 goal a season striker"

This seasons leading goalscorer charts

Aguero 19
Salah 19
Aubamayang 19
Mane 18
Sterling 17
Kane 17
Hazard 17
Vardy 16

Loads of 20 goals a season strikers out there, i just cant understand how we havent got one

Well we have players who score from elsewhere like Sigurdsson and Richarlison I suppose. Nothing wrong with spreading the goals around as long as it is consistent.

That fraud is our leading goalscorer in the prem era and is still averaging 1 in 2 at united.

Let's not kid ourselves, he would stroll into our team if he came back.

Stroll being the operative word.... incapable of doing anything else the fat balloon.

As long as there are yard dog defenders about lukaku will still manage to con people that he is a great goalscorer and not some flat track bully who pimps his numbers up against the Brightons and Cardiff cities of this world.

And of them 100 games how many goals did he score? 68 or something wasn’t it?

You can’t tell me that if Lewis was sitting on 12-15 league goals this year that we wouldn’t have won a heap more points and at least seventh would have been achieved already

It seems we can't tell you anything.... there really is no accounting for people who don't understand football properly.

Can you tell me why Firminho plays instead of Sturridge???? One is a far less prolific goalscorer than the other.... yet gets to play for the best Liverpool side seen in years ..... if you can answer that question then it will save you a lot of needless posts on here.

We aren't getting a 20 goal striker anytime soon, we can't afford one. koeman was right in that he wanted to share the goals around but Walsh and He made a pigs ear of recruitment.

There's a kid for us that they say he scores so much that it's like a Simmulation.

It doesn't have to be all or nothing with Dom, he has proven he can be effective in a role and contribute to results with an effective performance, i think he would be the first to admit he could improve his goal scoring, we have to trust there is a ceiling there, time will prove it. At the moment he is entirely pulling his weight and looking a snip at 1.5 mill over muti million pound alternatives in the squad.

When i say all or nothing we need different and other options in the central attacking position, he will have to accept that and grow through the competition he definitely has a role and a future either in the squad or the team.

I see the competition driving him on.

What is imprtant to point out is the 1.5mill we paid for him around the same time as we payed almost 1000% more for Ade, im a big Ade fan, but you have to say DCL has taken his opportunities and has been more value thus far.

Hopefully Ade will do the same.

Last edited:

Stroll being the operative word.... incapable of doing anything else the fat balloon.

As long as there are yard dog defenders about lukaku will still manage to con people that he is a great goalscorer and not some flat track bully who pimps his numbers up against the Brightons and Cardiff cities of this world.
They're the teams we can't seem to beat. There's only six sides in the "top 6". If we beat the other 13 sides regularly, we'd be in the Champions League.

And besides, didn't lukaku score against all top 6 sides while playing for us (genuinely can't remember)?

"We need a 20 goal a season striker"

This seasons leading goalscorer charts

Aguero 19
Salah 19
Aubamayang 19
Mane 18
Sterling 17
Kane 17
Hazard 17
Vardy 16

Loads of 20 goals a season strikers out there, i just cant understand how we havent got one
I’ll bite
Aguero: once in a generation striker very few sure things since no chance of signing a player of his caliber at any point of his career
Salah: Wing-forward completely different to DCL unobtainable after his Basel days
Auba: 3-4 years to late to snap him up started as wide forward before shifting centrally
Mane: Wide forward developed a lot since RBZ days would get blasted for a similar level signing to reply on goals.
Sterling: again wide player misses as many as he scores also plays for city who provide him with a buffet of chances
Kane: Academy product that developed 1-100 chance of happening unobtainable
Hazard: World class since the moment he started playing not known as a prolific scorer
Vardy: unusual path to goal scoring feats to old to be considered.

Point being is everyone wants a sure thing or better CF it’s impossble to predict these days and half the top scorers are wide players

It seems we can't tell you anything.... there really is no accounting for people who don't understand football properly.

Can you tell me why Firminho plays instead of Sturridge???? One is a far less prolific goalscorer than the other.... yet gets to play for the best Liverpool side seen in years ..... if you can answer that question then it will save you a lot of needless posts on here.

He plays because THEY HAVE A WORLD CLASS WINGER two aurguably. So again I ask, which is more likely for us? Signing at least one world class winger or two that average 15+ goals a season or a single striker that can score 15-20?

You need to score goals to be successful if he’s so good and brings out the best of everyone around him , why are we 7th and about 18points behind 6th with the weakest Chelsea and Man U and arsenal sides above us by a mile. Look at the top teams, do any of them have a hard working forward that doesn’t score as their main striker?

They're the teams we can't seem to beat. There's only six sides in the "top 6". If we beat the other 13 sides regularly, we'd be in the Champions League.

And besides, didn't lukaku score against all top 6 sides while playing for us (genuinely can't remember)?
His record vs top 6 is awful and still is.

Either way.... the lad is on a rapid decline. He's been playing 10 years now.... he may only be 25 but he plays like a 30 year old.

Whatever his best was - we got that and a huge chunk of money. Don't miss him, never rated him, we move on.... leave him to his ego, French fries and mayo

He plays because THEY HAVE A WORLD CLASS WINGER two aurguably. So again I ask, which is more likely for us? Signing at least one world class winger or two that average 15+ goals a season or a single striker that can score 15-20?

You need to score goals to be successful if he’s so good and brings out the best of everyone around him , why are we 7th and about 18points behind 6th with the weakest Chelsea and Man U and arsenal sides above us by a mile. Look at the top teams, do any of them have a hard working forward that doesn’t score as their main striker?

Ffs do you act daft on purpose???

Why are these "world class" wingers scoring goals????? And when Sturridge plays vs firminho they don't score.... Liverpool are the case and point.... firminho makes them score without actually scoring as the main striker.

Is it registering yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.