2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard people say that sharp was the best striker around with his back to goal, DCL isn’t although still improving and sharp wasn’t playing lone striker and had two top notch wingers scoring as well as a strike partner. We have two players on 13 and 14 goals and are miles away from even the top 6. We need a goal scoring striker mate that’s it

We had a player that scored 25 goals and we were still miles away from the top 6.

I have heard people say that sharp was the best striker around with his back to goal, DCL isn’t although still improving and sharp wasn’t playing lone striker and had two top notch wingers scoring as well as a strike partner. We have two players on 13 and 14 goals and are miles away from even the top 6. We need a goal scoring striker mate that’s it
Sharp used to do this thing where he'd look like he was about to jump a split second before he did. Proper threw the cb who would miss-time his leap and Sharpy would win the header. I remember not being too impressed with Sharp for his first couple of seasons. I preferred Heath at first, who was a clever little player, but Sharp ended up with decent stats and helped others to score a few as well. Worth remembering that that team had goal scorers aplenty. Steven, Sheedy, Gray, Heath, Sharp, Mountfield, to name but a few. And then Lineker! But remember we won nowt that year.

Not sure who we go out and get, a forward that brings the other front 3 into scoring positions as much as Dom, but also scores 15+ goals.

For what it's worth the consistency at the back has been the issue and that's cost us.

Impressive at the moment, isn't he?

Seems most in the game think the goals will come. Poyet last night on MNF being the latest advocate of DCL.

Would be brilliant to see the patience (from most) has paid off. I've had a few grumpy moments towards him, don't get me wrong, but he's been improving steadily before our very eyes.

Not sure who we go out and get, a forward that brings the other front 3 into scoring positions as much as Dom, but also scores 15+ goals.

For what it's worth the consistency at the back has been the issue and that's cost us.

If we carry on how we have been playing lately I think he could get 15 goals or thereabouts.

He has got 6 so far this year, half of that time was playing a sub, some of those games not playing as an out and out striker and many playing when the team was rubbish.

If you play week in week out for a team with a big attacking threat then the goals will eventually come.

"We need a 20 goal a season striker"

This seasons leading goalscorer charts

Aguero 19
Salah 19
Aubamayang 19
Mane 18
Sterling 17
Kane 17
Hazard 17
Vardy 16

Loads of 20 goals a season strikers out there, i just cant understand how we havent got one
That's PL goals. Aguero has scored 28 goals, Salah 25, Aubamayang 23, Calvert-Lewin 8

DCL has two tap ins in the last 2 games if the ball is squared to him (Walcott finished that chance though). So it isn't just about actually scoring, he has been in positions to, far better awareness than 12 months ago.

You shouldn't have to ask a question like that, and do not delude yourself that Calvert-Lewin could be even a quarter of the player he was.

Sharp didn't even look the player he was to become when he was calvert lewins age... He's already got much of sharpies attributes and I was a big sharpie fan... so why couldn't he be a quarter of what Sharpe was? Tell me....

That's PL goals. Aguero has scored 28 goals, Salah 25, Aubamayang 23, Calvert-Lewin 8

Ahhh..... let's throw the additional 20 games that the likes of city and Liverpool have played as a poor atrempt of trying to demean calvert lewin stats further ...... oh wait - you just did.

At least we can say calvert lewin is a better goalscorer than Daniel Sturridge eh.... he's got more goals than him this season.

He didn’t do it every week but to say he’s never bullied cb is wrong . He has turned many Fb and slotted and used his powerful running to score goals

Did it less times than he was bullied by the likes of paddy mcnair and Daley blind who wasn't even a centre half.... he's a coward.

Status
Not open for further replies.