2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah he was boss for us; which did you like best: the fact he never scored over 6 league goals in a season or the fact he used to purposely get himself sent when he needed a a break

I like the fact that despite us having an absolute abundance of dross around him he by and large got the team competing and getting at the opponents....

Ah but the vogue opinion is that he was crap and got himself sent off etc etc...... last player to have played for us who won a trophy. Let that sink in when giving applause to your lukakus of this world too busy to applaud fans on his final game at Everton cos he wanted to text his Chelsea chums.

I like the fact that despite us having an absolute abundance of dross around him he by and large got the team competing and getting at the opponents....

Ah but the vogue opinion is that he was crap and got himself sent off etc etc...... last player to have played for us who won a trophy. Let that sink in when giving applause to your lukakus of this world too busy to applaud fans on his final game at Everton cos he wanted to text his Chelsea chums.

Lukaku took 2 games to equal Ferguson’s normal season return

But carry on

Lukaku took 2 games to equal Ferguson’s normal season return

But carry on

Ah did I do a "goalscoring against irrelevant sides comparison"..... just checked... I didn't. Pretty sure sure I said DCL is offering us something we haven't seen since Duncan Ferguson. Yep I did......

Yeah.... DCL offers us so.ething we haven't seen since Ferguson.... I give you a clue... it involves pinning 2 centre halves, winning the ball, holding it up, bringing others into play.

They really do need to do a PL "golden battering ram".... I really think we will struggle to get some short sighted fans to see the value in other aspects of forward play. Bless, the nearest thing to success some of these kids have seen is lukaku do a Devon lock when he thought he had the golden boot wrapped up only for Kane to score 4..... to be fair he worked hard when he realised he needed to score more.. loved to play for himself did the balloon.

6 goals in 32 games.

A higher ceiling than Harry Kane.
Jo scored 5 goals for Brazil. Whilst playing for the biggest clubs in Brazil. Madar scored for France... whilst playing for PSG, Monaco and a fantastic Deportivo side.

DCL is a 1 in 7 striker for Everton... a 1 in 4 for Northampton and a 1 in 1 for Staylibridge Celtic.

Seems to be a theme there...

Spencer scored 36 prem goals for Chelsea.. Johnston 10 in 34 games for Everton. Do the [Poor language removed] maths

This is hilarious...

"Do the maths"

Your own maths is WAY off...

Ah did I do a "goalscoring against irrelevant sides comparison"..... just checked... I didn't. Pretty sure sure I said DCL is offering us something we haven't seen since Duncan Ferguson. Yep I did......

Yeah.... DCL offers us so.ething we haven't seen since Ferguson.... I give you a clue... it involves pinning 2 centre halves, winning the ball, holding it up, bringing others into play.

They really do need to do a PL "golden battering ram".... I really think we will struggle to get some short sighted fans to see the value in other aspects of forward play. Bless, the nearest thing to success some of these kids have seen is lukaku do a Devon lock when he thought he had the golden boot wrapped up only for Kane to score 4..... to be fair he worked hard when he realised he needed to score more.. loved to play for himself did the balloon.

Funny that because DCL doesn’t do that either. But congratulations for running around a lot

Funny that because DCL doesn’t do that either. But congratulations for running around a lot

The irony..... one of the fans critical for lack of effort and pressing etc when the team wasn't performing suddenly behaving like such efforts are irrelevant cos they don't suit his Rom love in.

So only league games count now. I hope this logic is applied to DCL. Without his goals against the likes of the mighty Sunderland and Rotherham he’s only scored 11 goals in 3 years

Stop scrambling it's embarrassing. You wanted to discount non league in the comparison of Keane to Nolan. So here are prem goals only.

The point in its clearest message is goals don't necessarily make the player.....

The irony..... one of the fans critical for lack of effort and pressing etc when the team wasn't performing suddenly behaving like such efforts are irrelevant cos they don't suit his Rom love in.

Imagine criticising trampoline shins for only scoring against irrelevant sides yet bambi can’t even get close

Stop scrambling it's embarrassing. You wanted to discount non league in the comparison of Keane to Nolan. So here are prem goals only.

The point in its clearest message is goals don't necessarily make the player.....
Goals don’t necessarily make players when it comes to midfielders. A strikers main job is to score goals though.

Yes a striker...... did you ever watch Peter Beardsley? Do you understand that Firminho has never scored more than 15 goals? Could it be that some of us can see that DCL offers us things we haven't had from any striker since the days of Ferguson???

You are making absolutely no sense at all. For a start you are wrong on firminio.... He scored 27 goals last season.

Offers us things??? Ha ha. We had Lukaku for Christ sake!

This madness needs to stop. He's crap and won't ever be good enough... Is he the best defensive striker about??

He is a STRIKER. What don't you understand? You keep listing players who didn't score much but all of them outscored DCL quite easily... As some form of confirmation of your point. All it does is confirm everyone else's point that the lad isnt and won't ever be good enough!..

If I wanted a striker whose only ability is to pin defenders and lay the ball off I put Zouma up front

Imagine criticising trampoline shins for only scoring against irrelevant sides yet bambi can’t even get close

I don't think I would be criticising trampoline shins at all if it wasn't for the fact that the only thing he could do well was actually against poor sides.

If he could have at least showed Nick Chadwick levels of general footballing ability, staying onside, working for the team then he may have gone under my radar... as it stands all he was - was a finisher and he generally did that against poor sides.

Can you tell me why Firminho starts ahead of Sturridge for Liverpool???

Status
Not open for further replies.