Match Thread Fulham v Everton; Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no shortage of ability in our squad but we are missing a true leader who can pick players up by the scruff of their testicles and tell them where they are going wrong on the pitch.

We need a Peter Reid or Andy Gray type of character who other players (on both sides) are frightened of.

Not so much arrogance or complacency for me, just simply not enough snide in the team to put one in on Mitrovic after his first "adventure" with Jagielka, he further wen't on to have a pop at the rest of the back four and the goalkeeper before their midfield scared Gomes off.

Southampton in the cup, was still raging a few days after
millwall in the cup, still raging now
already relegated Fulham to go 7th, still raging now

been some absolutely pathetic performances this season

Can anybody tell me why Silva never considers any of the young players, not even for the bench, and he must hate
Mc Carthy, why has he never been given a chance?, surely he's better than some of these muppets that are playing now. For goodness sake Silva change something now and again.

Can anybody tell me why Silva never considers any of the young players, not even for the bench, and he must hate
Mc Carthy, why has he never been given a chance?, surely he's better than some of these muppets that are playing now. For goodness sake Silva change something now and again.
Silva is learning on the job...

I haven't been able to bring myself to watch it after reading this thread over the past couple of days.

I watched the Spurs - Huddersfield match and fell asleep near the end and when I woke up we were losing 1-0. I went to bed and saw the final score
in the morning. I'll watch it tomorrow and I know I'm going to be peed off. I want to see the poll votes, so I'm going to go for Pickford because it seems
he made a couple of decent saves. I've got nothing else to go on.

It's a funny old game, though, and I still think we might win next Sunday.

Read a good review of the tactics on RBM. I think it generally looked about right. Fulham changed from a back three to a back four and the plan we used against the 3 other London teams doesn't work against that. It wouldn't matter if the players were on their game or not (clearly they were not). We have consistently seen that against a flat back four Gylfi becomes the invisible man and the outlets to Richy and Bernard are blocked. Fortunately ManU play the way we like but definately not Burnley!!
Bernard looked like the best of our players by a mile btw.

Reactions: Sy-

Status
Not open for further replies.