2018/19 Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said last week I would punt him.

Im just concerned that we have 2 CBs going into next season and 1 of them only has 1 leg.
We'll have Keane, Mina (who cant possibly be as poor next season...I hope), and we must add to that if Zouma returns to Chelsea. However, I'd rather have Holgate than Jagielka. And at a push we could bring Connolly back in.

I really don’t think many people will be advocating him having another 12 months. I personally would rather have one of the youngsters as 4th choice if needed.

Baines looked shot v Wolves when he played, don’t think we should be offering him another deal at all. Get Robinson back from Wigan and use him as back up for left back or Connolly.

However, Jags goal and clean sheet yesterday was poetic justice for the insane, mouth frothing ramblings we’ve had to endure from Dave.

We'll have Keane, Mina (who cant possibly be as poor next season...I hope), and we must add to that if Zouma returns to Chelsea. However, I'd rather have Holgate than Jagielka. And at a push we could bring Connolly back in.

Major doubts around both players sadly dave and both seemed suited to different roles.

If it meant priortising other positions this summer with financing and his the following summer and if the manager thinks he could still contribute, I’d have no problem.

I would however suggest we have Holgate out on loan and Lewis Gibson breaking through, so maybe giving youth its fling should be more then just words.

Phil Jagielka has been a great servant of the club, but at 37 he'll be too old next season. Don't forget, he's played only three times this season. We don't want to add his name to the long list of players who've served us well but stayed here too long.

be very surprised if jags is here next season I can't see brands giving a contract to someone his age .Even thou jags has wound me up in the captain role over the years only cos he would never complain to the ref and seemed a bit to nice but I think that's the modern footballer they all wanna be mates. but none of us can take away how much of a good player he has been overall and at 4 million and 13 years later a great buy .He has two great memories for me Wembley penalty winner still get the hairs standing on end when I watch that and he has done what everyone of us have dreamed of doing when he smashed a last minute worldie in the top corner kop end.I hope the club give him and baines a testimonial game because the lad has been a great servent for us .Top man jags

The answer to this conundrum still isn’t Jagielka though. We need to be thinking a bit brighter than that and I’m sure that’s exactly what Brands and Silva are doing.

I'd rather keep Jags and bring in a top defender, than bring in 2 average defenders and have an unsettled defence again.

That goal yesterday: it practically ricocheted in off him.

His contract runs out this summer for a reason: he's tripe.
To be fair he's tripe b/c he'll be 37 next season. Semantics for sure - either way he shouldn't return next season. If he does, we'll be in pretty bad shape

Status
Not open for further replies.