Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
How
....the point I was making is those lads were first team regulars at 17, Simms is not even an U23 regular at 18.
Much of that do you think was down to the era on which they came through? Most of the guys in that list got their break when we had no money and were really struggling. How many would get into our current first team under the current regime? These days I'm not even sure a 16yr old Wayne would get a break as easily as he did back then.

How
Much of that do you think was down to the era on which they came through? Most of the guys in that list got their break when we had no money and were really struggling. How many would get into our current first team under the current regime? These days I'm not even sure a 16yr old Wayne would get a break as easily as he did back then.

....it’s a fair point but we are struggling for a striker and any manager would select an outstanding 18 year old if he thought it could improve the team.

.....the following Everton footballers all made their 1st team debut before the age Simms is now (18);

James Vaughan
Wayne Rooney
Frances Jeffers
Jack Rodwell
Richard Dunne
Michael Branch
Michael Ball
Danny Cadamarteri

Simms is not even a regular starter for U23s. A sense of realism is required.
I seen Dunne playing reserve team football for Home Farm at 14
Even then he was a unit and coped well in men’s football
His liking for a pint stopped him going all the way to the very top

I seen Dunne playing reserve team football for Home Farm at 14
Even then he was a unit and coped well in men’s football
His liking for a pint stopped him going all the way to the very top

....I think Dunne did go all the way to the top, he was Man City’s player of the season multiple times. I met his parents once when he was a youth player and you could see where his bulk came from!!

....it’s a fair point but we are struggling for a striker and any manager would select an outstanding 18 year old if he thought it could improve the team.
Just playing devils advocate! I totally agree, being this desperate does lend itself to clutching at straws!!!!

I also think with these young lands that develop earlier than others the under 18s is a particularly bad team/league to judge them in. Once the others catch up they get lost in the crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.