2018/19 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to say I told you so but last nights game proved it when I said last year to get off the backs of Keane and Barkley but a lot of people ignored me. Barkley should never have left Everton after a few bad games and now Keane is starting to prove himself as well. Some people to quick to criticise, I hope they will have more patience with any new players we might sign for next season.

I hate to say I told you so but last nights game proved it when I said last year to get off the backs of Keane and Barkley but a lot of people ignored me. Barkley should never have left Everton after a few bad games and now Keane is starting to prove himself as well. Some people to quick to criticise, I hope they will have more patience with any new players we might sign for next season.

I'd probably be leaving it a bit longer to say 'I told you so' about either Keane or Barkley, in much the same way you say people are to quick to criticise I also wouldn't be too quick to suggest they've both turned a corner and become top players based on fairly limited evidence.

You’re all mental. This guy is a yard dog.

This. He even got skinned by the striker from Montenegro last night for the goal. He’ll look ok for England against dross opposition and his stock will rise massively before he gets brutally exposed at a tournament against top opposition. England always do this. He’s absolutely nowhere near John Stones. He’s absolutely nowhere near where Jags or Lescott both were at their peak, he’s barely above where Jags is now 12 years and a cruciate injury later. He is probably 4th or 5th choice England centreback if everyone was fit and has benefitted from there being a dearth in quality behind Stones in this position. Any other period in English football he wouldn’t even be an international. His level was Burnley.

It's not an Everton problem mate, it's a football problem in general. Barkley has received loads of slack from Chelsea fans this season as well.

The move has clearly done him a lot of good mentally and helped him mature and be able to take said slack, which I for one can't knock him for.
But that is not because of a different fanbase.

Funnily enough I think he would have worked well with Silva but then again he may well have not had as much playing time with us this season as he's had at Chelsea.

You’re all mental. This guy is a yard dog.
His boss, and this pic proves it

10524500-6766429-image-a-33_1551634759249.jpg

....I think Barkley left of his own choice, just like Lukaku and Stones did. It’s the way of the modern game.

Status
Not open for further replies.