If Silva is sacked - who could/should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great point.

Let us hire another manager that has been sacked from his previous job, never won anything of note and only connection is Brands. You know despite the idea that he only got the PSV job as they hire internally and he wasn't exactly achieving anything elsewhere.

Or the fact he did well in a league where Steve Mclaren won the league?
who would you hire then ??

Great point.

Let us hire another manager that has been sacked from his previous job, never won anything of note and only connection is Brands. You know despite the idea that he only got the PSV job as they hire internally and he wasn't exactly achieving anything elsewhere.

Or the fact he did well in a league where Steve Mclaren won the league?
tbh mate there isn't a great deal out there, I don't see Silva getting sacked anyway but I can dream.
I don't think Cocu is a bad shout.

tbh mate there isn't a great deal out there, I don't see Silva getting sacked anyway but I can dream.
I don't think Cocu is a bad shout.

the cocu shout is just the very obvious one.

it cant hurt letting him team up with brands again.. they are a proven winning team together.

Christ we went out on a limb and just hired someone relegated and sacked and his career highlight is winning the welsh/greek league

so we are not in any position to turn our noses up at a multiple title winning dutch manager

I still hope the board hold their nerve and persevere with Silva as I do believe he his capable becoming a very good manager for us. However I do understand the frustration many feel.
Like any fickle fan my stance would change if we acquired the services of a certain Diego Simeone. Since there is zero chance of this happening, I’ll stick with Marco.

He did a great job, but not in such taxing circumstances as he would have if he rocked up at Goodison. The Premier League is a fractious place. And anyway, we’d want him sacked after a 1-1 pre-season draw away at Go Ahead Eagles.
we currently employ marco silva who cant lay a hand on cocu , stats wise. nor achiements wise.

polls apart

I still hope the board hold their nerve and persevere with Silva as I do believe he his capable becoming a very good manager for us. However I do understand the frustration many feel.
Like any fickle fan my stance would change if we acquired the services of a certain Diego Simeone. Since there is zero chance of this happening, I’ll stick with Marco.

Based on nothing but blind faith. Some people still believe Martinez would turn this around shortly before he was sacked.

I think people make their mind up purely because of results so far and the horrendous defending displays.

Based on nothing but blind faith. Some people still believe Martinez would turn this around shortly before he was sacked.

I think people make their mind up purely because of results so far and the horrendous defending displays.
people seem to think silva will suddenly go from a 30% win rate to a 45% win rate with the addition of a couple of players..

absolutely mental

Would love someone from the Red Bull outfit. High intensity, narrow, counter attacking tactics would fit us well. Shame that Southhampton snapped up their old manager. He's probably two job away, but Jesse Marsch is a name to keep an eye on for the future. Left NYRB to be the assistant manager at Leipzig this season, going to take over Salzburg next year if Marco Rose leaves. Hopefully to us, but I doubt it.

Their system also prioritizes buying or signing young and developing. Something we used to do well, and I would like to see return to.

Obscure shout, but I rate it. On Hasenhuttl, I'd be fascinated to know if he was considered last summer after he chose to leave Leipzig because he did great work there. Honestly, I'd love to know the process Everton went through last summer full stop. Did Brands have a big say or did Moshiri already have Silva all but signed on by the time Brands arrived? It's a weird one because we know Moshiri coveted Silva so much (too much) and it'd be a big coincidence if Brands also did.

Back on the Red Bull managers, I feel like Marco Rose won't get many shouts due to it being Salzburg and the Austrian league. But he's done great work and his performances in the Europa League are impressive. They were really hard done by in the semi finals last year (Marseille's winner in ET came from a corner that should have been a goal kick) after already knocking out Sociedad, Dortmund and Lazio. Their recent result at a good Napoli side was a bit harsh imo as it was a pretty even game from what I saw.

I was personally often impressed by former Salzburg and Leverkusen manager Roger Schmidt, who's now doing a Pellegrini and getting a pay day in China. It ended with a bit of a whimper for him at Leverkusen but for the first few seasons, he had them playing some great stuff.

With both these managers though, a squad overhaul and patience would be needed. They both play high pressing styles (Schmidt's is incredibly aggressive too) and the squad would have to built around that. Like the overhaul from Rodgers mess to Klopps style at the RS.

A good thing about their styles is that we should be able to see the positive signs and what they're trying to build pretty early on. This is something that has worked against Silva, where it's not always clear what he's trying to do.

think there is a lot to be said for hiring a manager for a particular job type. Look at Ole at United, he has been in charge of Molde who are an identical fit to united in that they should be title challengers and has come in and done well, also did nothing at cardiff, showing he is a good man for a side that should be dominant. Allardyce is the opposite, a good firefighter but nothing more. Silva has been and done well at clubs that should do well in one or two horse races no naturally a decent fit for a top 4 side, but as yet has not done anything at the other 'lesser,' sides he's been at (including us in that). Our next appointment needs to be a man who has a good track record at developing good teams into top teams, who that might be...?

The big mistake for me was bringing in Sam, it was always a temporary thing and I just think it set us back. So I hope the club give Silva a proper chance, we can't progress if we keep changing manager every five minutes, teams like Chelsea have the resources to play Roulette, we don't and need to get back to how it was with Moyes, thick and thin.

Status
Not open for further replies.