2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
his save at the near post when he pushed it over the bar then made a 'spectacular' dive for the cameras sums him up. He's too concerned with looking good rather than doing the boring routine things well. A disaster waiting to happen. At the top level, good keepers are judged on the lack of mistakes they make rather than the reaction saves they make. Pickford makes loads of mistakes and always will. Sell, as soon as humanly possible!

...but, but, but - he's only 24.

24 or 34, the man-child will always be there. It's in his DNA to be daft as a 'kin brush.

My argument entirely regarding lukaku.... talks 4 languages but all that does is help him talk garbage to a wider number of people.

Roy Keane was spot on about these young players. At their age he was getting slaps round the head from Brian clough.... they don't care. One contract and they are set for life.

his save at the near post when he pushed it over the bar then made a 'spectacular' dive for the cameras sums him up. He's too concerned with looking good rather than doing the boring routine things well. A disaster waiting to happen. At the top level, good keepers are judged on the lack of mistakes they make rather than the reaction saves they make. Pickford makes loads of mistakes and always will. Sell, as soon as humanly possible!

Oh he loves to throw his legs in the air.... absolutely loves it. It's the reason the first goal went through him. You can just imagine him putting his saves on slow mo. "Look the agility lads.... just look.... you won't see de gea doing that.... I can outdo him in the 'legs go horizontal for no reason' department no bother"

He's a child... his banter with Tom Davies on video reminded me of Gazza. Weird facial gurns, nonsense spouting out of his mouth. Gazza was funny though and a bloody genius. Pickford is an idiot.

I am awaiting his agent starting to plant stories in the media about Pickford “needing to move on from Everton” as that club are holding him back and it is EFC which is responsible for his disastrous season and nowt to do with the fellow himself.

Impossible to see the bugger hold on to his England place much longer at this rate of decline.

The thing for me as well was wrong on Pickford getting a new inproved contract,no player with 3 or 4 years to go should get a new contract just to stop so called made up stories etc-i dont care who the player is,Rich will get a new one to stop what stories may appear this summer and so on knowing Everton how they work

I can't understand how hes being tolerated by the club at present. Had he been a multi million pound outfield player, he would have been benched by now instead of which hes still allowed to clown his way through games by virtue of the smokescreen provided by the odd great save - his only saving grace. Im equally concerned by his attitude. We've had many "characters" at this club over the years some of whom managed to combine sublime talent with personality. Christ knows, I saw Bally sit on the ball...and heard tales as a kid at home about the likes of Roy Vernon stubbing out his ciggy in the players tunnel before running out at Goodison. BUT endangering their team via bad judgement or showboating ? Never. This fellas an over-indulged arrogant 25 year old toddler....and as such could do with his arse smacking and being told in no uncertain terms to sort his head out instead of behaving like a millionaire scally. Wont happen though.

Status
Not open for further replies.