• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was just awful in that second half - really, really bad and brought back some harrowing Martinez performances where we were absolutely home and dry and somehow blow a comfortable lead against a proper garbage team.

Pickford was appalling on that second goal, and the third was clearly offside, but our problems are so much bigger than that. What that Richarlison sub was about, I'll never know. It was made all the more ridiculous by the fact that he had to basically undo the sub when we conceded the third and bring on a right winger for a defender - total lunacy.

Whatever good things Silva is trying to implement, he has turned us into a very soft outfit that cannot come back into games when we concede first and we are also liable to blowing leads.

He is in big trouble for sure, results like this one are usually far more damaging to a manager than if you get beat 1 or 2 nil.

Dont think anyone on here is arguing it's not good enough but what do we do? Theres f all to play for this season. If we get rid the next manager needs to be a huge name, we are a laughing stock at the moment. I'm not arsed what we do, it just needs to be better next season that is the only thing everyone will agree on.

There's been nothing to play for since Millwall.

Change it at the end of the season.

Can't blame Silva for today. Pickford brain farts and general lack of backbone from the majority of the team. We were spot on for 60 mins despite Pickford's best efforts.
You absolutely can. Newcastle had more than a few non Pickford chances and we didn't create much after halftime.

There's zero belief in any of the players once we concede a goal. When we go behind we never look like we're gonna do a comeback and when we're winning we never can make it comfortable.

Changing the shape of the team and welcoming them to just punt more long balls at us was a huge mistake but there's a fundamental problem with the mentality of the players.

I had no problem with the team selection or how the team were playing (besides Pickford's antics and Richarlison's genuinely appalling ball control) all up until the long balls started happening and our defence looked like they had no idea what was going on then we decided to exacerbate the situation even more with the substitution of Mina.

Get behind your manager. Where's your loyalty?

Here's a question for his detractors (who scarpered last week btw): If you had to play Pickford in goal how many games would you win?

Honest answers appreciated.....

I’ve got no time for him moaning about offside for the 3rd goal, it’s because of his utterly appalling subs and non existent game management that Newcastle were able to get into that situation in the first place. I’m not keen on the constant hiring and firing but I’m struggling to see what he is implementing after 30 league games, everyone just looks confused and doesn’t actually know what their role is, it’s worrying how easily we completely implode. I think even more worrying, even cruising 2-0 at halftime, most of us fans knew the game wasn’t over.

Status
Not open for further replies.