Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the right price would love Geri back on the right. Think Kenny behind Geri would be a decent pairing as Kenny defensively seems solid which would leave Geri to get on with his game. I know Lookman is a real talent but I think his heads been turned and hes off in the summer.
The only way to turn this around is to make him a bigger part of the matchday squad. In my opinion he's a better option for most games than Walcott (whom I would sell off to a Chinese or MLS team in the summer) and if Richardson can do a job on the right then why can't Lookman be considered for playing on the left? Realistically we need a rotation in the wide positions anyway, so we don't need to fixate on one player ALWAYS starting on the left, and another player ALWAYS starting on the right.

With regard to Deulofeu: I'd rather have him in the squad than Walcott, but at this point that's simply academic. We have upset Watford greatly and it will be a while before they feel like doing business with us. If we tried to buy Deulofeu now we would get quoted a ridiculous price, and all we would achieve is ending up selling Walcott AND Lookman just to make the payroll space to buy him and the squad space to play him.

Max Aarons
Jamal Lewis
Jarrod Bowen
Drew Yearwood
Tomori
Bogle
Lloyd Kelly
Jack Clarke
James Justin
Ollie Watkins
Che Adams
Alan Browne
Wes Harding
Rakeem Harper

Tons of good buys in the lower leagues however their purchase would not appease the majority of a fan base expecting stars.

Type of signings we should be looking at for right price. Doesn't work out you would get your money back. If it does Jackpot! Look at Brooks at Bournemouth who I think we looked at .
We do need to be looking at that type of player as ones to come in over a couple of seasons and perhaps force their way in if they have it about them to do so. If I was in his position I'd consider Everton in a heart beat as a shot at the real big time. Hull probably think they can offer that to him too mind you.

Defo heard from some blue in the media that we looked at him.
I would have thought that every premier league club had looked at him seriously. The way football is now - it'd be almost impossible to be invisible to the premier league if there was anything about you as a young player.

Seen him a few times - he looks very good at that level.

But then again so did Tom Ince.
Very true. Good point. He looked good at numerous clubs in the championship and the sweet FA in the prem.

How do you know when buying from the championship. Moyes knew- Cahill, lescott etc. they should ask him what he thinks.

I wouldn't mind if we bought young players, I'm over buying these overpriced gash wasters who just aren't interested, Young players will at least be hungry and want to impress the world like Sancho etc.

There is a good shout for picking the best of the lower leagues at youth level, there is also a good shout at picking up some talent that has hit the glass ceiling at the some of the arms race clubs like City, Utd and Chelsea.

Ultimately i think our market is, youth from under age lower league and the arms race clubs, the best of the rest of clubs smaller then us in the PL - the Gylfi's of this world and players existing in a vacuum at bigger CL clubs - Digne and Gomes etc. Players who have climbed the ladder of their respective leagues and show true potential to make it in the PL to the point of quality required, at a good age - Bernard.

Dropping 27 mill on Bolaise and Schderlin, should be a thing on the past, we want players on the way up rather then the way down, if you are cast off from PL CL team, that should not be an aspiration for us. Leave that market free for WHU.

Activate the Brands signal.

Max Aarons
Jamal Lewis
Jarrod Bowen
Drew Yearwood
Tomori
Bogle
Lloyd Kelly
Jack Clarke
James Justin
Ollie Watkins
Che Adams
Alan Browne
Wes Harding
Rakeem Harper

Tons of good buys in the lower leagues however their purchase would not appease the majority of a fan base expecting stars.

Ben Godfrey at Norwich looks a real prospect also

Assuming that we move forward with same system we used in the derby, I think if you put someone who has the defensive discipline that Schneiderlin has shown in the last two games but has the ability to carry it forward at pace and play quick passes when we have the ball we'd be a far bigger threat all round.

Status
Not open for further replies.