Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zouma can be and has been inconsistent in his play, sloppy with the ball at his feet, and lacks composure when pressed. All qualities that Keane also shares with him but to a lesser degree.

Zouma also relies on his speed and physicality to make up for his lack of concentration and poor positioning, almost purposely choosing to loosely mark his man loosely thinking he will be able to run down his opponent if they get the ball. He has the ability to fly people down but that should be his back up plan not his first choice because and flash or the slightest moments of class or skill can completely leave him done and dusted.

Give me a back that is composed with and without the ball, positions first and stays tight to his mark winning most balls within the opponents first touch, and if need be, he uses his speed and physicality to make up for a good bit of skill from the opposition.

I’d like to say that this is due to his age and inexperience but at 24 that excuse is becoming an issue especially when players 19-23 years old are playing the position better.

Agree completely. Zouma is fine, but I think we can do better. He's a good athlete, but he's not that quick or agile. Fast, strong, true. Would like someone better on the ball. Mina is really good on the ball, but we need another skilled player back there that can mark tighter in space and pass the ball well.

Incidentally, I would take a shot at Alberth Elis if we ever wanted to try and get a bargain player from MLS. Right sided forwarded, wouldn't be super expensive, but he's about as good a player as there is in the league. Just turned 23, great size, speed, and skill.

but lad klaassen was crap so he must be too innit that's how football works???

Genuine quality no idea how he's been in Holland for so long, his left foot is a joke
I think there were concerns about how consistently he applied himself but he's brilliant and he's proving it against good sides this season in Europe.

I think there were concerns about how consistently he applied himself but he's brilliant and he's proving it against good sides this season in Europe.
As if hiyech would come to us.
Hel be off to arsenal or united.. Or Madrid.

That Harry Kane looks OK.. Wonder how much spurs want

Agree completely. Zouma is fine, but I think we can do better. He's a good athlete, but he's not that quick or agile. Fast, strong, true. Would like someone better on the ball. Mina is really good on the ball, but we need another skilled player back there that can mark tighter in space and pass the ball well.
With Chelsea's transfer ban, I doubt they will let him go this summer anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.