Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazed people can’t see the qualities Zouma offers...should be bought ASAP.
Especially if you play with organisation and proper team structure in front of him, like we had in the derby, on a consistent basis. If Silva can continue with that pressing game we had, we're gonna force teams, especially the lesser ones into hopeful ball forwards that are ideal for Zouma to mop up. His physical qualities are obvious but he does always look for the pass forward into our midfield's feet too.

Chelsea have appealed their transfer ban so they're more than likely going to be able to do (a lot of) business in the Summer. They quite obviously aren't sold on Zouma given they've loaned him out the last two seasons and also have Christensen who is class and Ampadu coming through, so I think it's very likely that they move Zouma on and I think we could get a decent deal for him.

Especially if you play with organisation and proper team structure in front of him, like we had in the derby, on a consistent basis. If Silva can continue with that pressing game we had, we're gonna force teams, especially the lesser ones into hopeful ball forwards that are ideal for Zouma to mop up. His physical qualities are obvious but he does always look for the pass forward into our midfield's feet too.

Chelsea have appealed their transfer ban so they're more than likely going to be able to do (a lot of) business in the Summer. They quite obviously aren't sold on Zouma given they've loaned him out the last two seasons and also have Christensen who is class and Ampadu coming through, so I think it's very likely that they move Zouma on and I think we could get a decent deal for him.
I like Zouma as well. Surely there is something going on in the background there if the deal is possible and Zouma would be happy to make it permanent. Same with Gomes.

and Ampadu coming through

skysports-ethan-ampadu-chelsea_4285401.jpg

Someone on here once called him the “smackhead Tom Davies” and that’s all I can think about whenever I see him... lollol

I do understand it, he is not a very likable character. 6 years he has been there and by all accounts he only knows a few words of spanish, he has never done an interview with Madrid TV in spanish (this is something you just don't do even if you can only manage a few words) During the classico recently when subbed, he apparently just went down the tunnel and left the stadium before the game had ended. He continues to refuse to get involved with team activities, like dinners and events. Also they payed more than they did for Ronaldo and for much of the time he has been injured. Good player but i fully understand why the Madrid fans don't like him and seemingly his fellow players at Madrid don't like him either, but at £600k pwk and at nearly 30, no other team is going to want him with his injury record.

Didn’t know he was on that much! Swerve!

Zouma can be and has been inconsistent in his play, sloppy with the ball at his feet, and lacks composure when pressed. All qualities that Keane also shares with him but to a lesser degree.

Zouma also relies on his speed and physicality to make up for his lack of concentration and poor positioning, almost purposely choosing to loosely mark his man loosely thinking he will be able to run down his opponent if they get the ball. He has the ability to fly people down but that should be his back up plan not his first choice because and flash or the slightest moments of class or skill can completely leave him done and dusted.

Give me a back that is composed with and without the ball, positions first and stays tight to his mark winning most balls within the opponents first touch, and if need be, he uses his speed and physicality to make up for a good bit of skill from the opposition.

I’d like to say that this is due to his age and inexperience but at 24 that excuse is becoming an issue especially when players 19-23 years old are playing the position better.

March’s Target List:

I rank the players based off value, form, future outlook, and how well I believe they’d fit into the team. 1 player at each position listed is needed in order to break through into European competition, over the next 2-3 windows.

List will be left as a spoiler to prevent wasting time of those who don’t care for it. That being said don’t read it and moan about too much FIFA. It’s purely a thought provoking post to build conversation on.

(Disclaimer: Values are taken from Transfermarkt. High probability of them being wrong.)

s = summer sign
l = summer loan

CB:
  1. Willi Orban - Leipzig - £15m (s)
  2. Niklas Stark - Hertha Berlin - £20m (s)
  3. Ruben Dias - Benfica - £28m (l/s)
  4. Ibrahima Konate - Leipzig - £18m (s)
  5. Kurt Zouma - Chelsea - £20m (s/l)
RB:
  1. Youcef Atal - Nice - £5m (s)
  2. Thomas Meunier - PSG - £32m (s)
  3. Nordi Mukiele - Leipzig - £14m (s)
CM:
  1. Andre Gomes - Barca - £28m (s)
  2. Bruno Fernandez - Sporting - £30 (s)
  3. Mason Mount - Derby - £4m (s)
  4. Morgan Sanson - Marseille - £22m (s)
  5. Gedson Fernandes - Benfica - £22m (s)
CDM:
  1. Amadou Diawara - Napoli - £16m (s)
  2. Sander Berge - Genk - £15.5m (s)
  3. Alfa Semedo - Benfica - £4m (s)
ST:
  1. Sebastien Haller - Frankfurt - £35m (s)
  2. Joao Felix - Benfica - £20m (s)
  3. Ante Rebic - Frankfurt - £35m (s)
  4. Michy Batshuayi - Chelsea - £25m (s)
  5. Yussuf Poulsen - Leipzig - £20m (s)
RW:
  1. Lozano - PSV - £40m (s)
  2. Hachim Ziyech - Ajax - £35m (s)
  3. Allan Saint-Maximin - Nice - £18m (s)

March’s Target List:

I rank the players based off value, form, future outlook, and how well I believe they’d fit into the team. 1 player at each position listed is needed in order to break through into European competition, over the next 2-3 windows.

List will be left as a spoiler to prevent wasting time of those who don’t care for it. That being said don’t read it and moan about too much FIFA. It’s purely a thought provoking post to build conversation on.

(Disclaimer: Values are taken from Transfermarkt. High probability of them being wrong.)

s = summer sign
l = summer loan

CB:
RB:
CM:
CDM:
ST:
RW:

Ignoring numbers as per (like you stated) but interested to know how many of these do you see as attainable for Everton this Summer?

If Silva is staying its essential we get a leader CB who can organise the defence as Keane/Zouma/Mina do not work.

Personally would keep Keane and Holgate as back up CB's and bring in a leader to partner Mina going forward.

Take away our set piece woes (which is more of a team thing rather than just the defence) and look purely at how we defend in open play and we are probably not quite as bad as we think.

Obviously its not as straight forward as that but its probably easy to fix the set piece issues rather than changing the whole defence.

Max Aarons
Jamal Lewis
Jarrod Bowen
Drew Yearwood
Tomori
Bogle
Lloyd Kelly
Jack Clarke
James Justin
Ollie Watkins
Che Adams
Alan Browne
Wes Harding
Rakeem Harper

Tons of good buys in the lower leagues however their purchase would not appease the majority of a fan base expecting stars.
You missed kemar roofe

March’s Target List:

s = summer sign
l = summer loan

CB:
RB:
CM:
CDM:
ST:
RW:
Would you consider trying for Dario Maresic at all? Fits the Brands profile...

March’s Target List:

s = summer sign
l = summer loan

CB:
RB:
CM:
CDM:
ST:
RW:

For the CBs, I watched Stark play this weekend, though he looked good although I wasn't necessarily focused on him. Konate would be like 40-50M although he's a complete monster. Guillermo Maripán has been really good for Alaves this year, although I'm not quite sold on his mobility.

RB - I still love Kenny Tete and don't understand why he doesn't get as much of a look. William at Wolfsburg has impressed me. Not a fan of Atal at all (like what I did there?)

CM/CDM - I'm sure Thiago Mendes will be brought up again, although he's a CDM, too. Diaware would be really interesting, his talent is undeniable. Sander Berge is just such a unique player, I'm not sure on him. I would add Denis Zakaria who doesn't seem to be essential to BMG. He's great positionally and seems to make good decisions with the ball. He'd be a solid #6 for a reasonable sum I would think.

CF - I just don't think Haller is that great. He's good, but not sure how he'd fare in the PL, especially as a single striker. Really think Jovic is the man who makes that attack go. Poulsen is also talented, but he's not that great of a goal scorer. He's perfect playing with another striker that can run off him, but I don't think he can be a single striker. He's got size and skill, though, no denying that.

RW - Chucky is terrific. Please please please. Saint-Maximin is really fast and dynamic, but incredibly inconsistent and makes some pretty questionable decisions with the ball. I understand the attraction, but I would pass. I would throw about 70M at Fiorentina for Chiesa. Not realistic I know, but he's AMAZING. Think Malcom might still be on the radar. Pepe at Lille would be cost prohibitive, too. Lozano I honestly think is as good as these guys, with the exception of Chiesa.

Status
Not open for further replies.