• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't win it though...he stated in interview on the night of that game that the win was Unsworth's. He subsequently claimed it...which underlines what a duplicitous and desperate bellend he is.

Then 9 in 24. I didn’t include that. Just to clarify the West Ham win not included in the 9.

Allardyce was miles better, imagine getting rid of him and going for a manager that is actually worse, such an Everton thing to do.
For all his perceived faults I have yet to hear Silva declare that the football currently on offer is as good as its going to get. He is at least striving to create something better , whereas Allardyce was apparently satisfied with the shot shy dirge his team offered up.

IN the good run we drew with Wolves, Bournemouth and Huddersfield, yet in the middle run we drew with Newcastle and Watford. Pretty much on a par.

Loads more similarities from all 3 parts of the season but folk on here will believe what they want and argue flawed arguments.

Just look at the fixtures youve listed above. You can see the same consistency across the whole season, we beat the teams we are expected to beat and lose to the teams we are expected to lose to. The teams in and around mid table is a lottery. That coupled with the fact Silva has the worst set piece defending in the PL this season and of anyone in the last 3 seasons with 3 different clubs is concerning. His teams have always hit bad dips he cannot turn around. Have we seen any suggestion he is on the training ground working on set piece defending? NO! He isnt good enough for Everton and I think the board realise that, definitely gone at the end of the season unless results do not improve.

I hate the give him time and money scenario, he has performed WORSE than Allardyce with 6 of his own signings in Richarlison, Digne, Gomes, Bernard, Zouma and Mina. BFS only got 2 in Tosun and Walcott. We want a manager that can get the best out of any team not a guy where we consistently have to throw money and players at him at any hint of a dip. That is not sustainable!

Completely understand anybody wanting him gone, however can we stop with this comparison to last season.

It should be acknowledged by anybody fair minded that its easier to play park the bus tactics to grind out draws and snatch wins like that clown last season than it is to come in and change the style and try to get the team to gel with new players and get us playing actual football again.

It's not working like...obviously, but it's definitely a tougher task.

For all his perceived faults I have yet to hear Silva declare that the football currently on offer is as good as its going to get. He is at least striving to create something better , whereas Allardyce was apparently satisfied with the shot shy dirge his team offered up.
Thing is, we all want to see fast flowing attacking football.

But it has to start from a solid defence.

This why we spent big and went after new defenders in the summer

I think brands realised it was Marco’s achillies heel and thought with better defenders it could be rectified.

I think brands is now seeing that even if silva has world class defenders the team would still struggle thro lack of organisation and bad tactics

Completely understand anybody wanting him gone, however can we stop with this comparison to last season.

It should be acknowledged by anybody fair minded that its easier to play park the bus tactics to grind out draws and snatch wins like that clown last season than it is to come in and change the style and try to get the team to gel with new players and get us playing actual football again.

It's not working like...obviously, but it's definitely a tougher task.
Very muddled thinking.

Last season Alladyce got the best out of a rag bag shambles. He realised that the best way to get results was to pack a pretty hopeless defence/defensive midfield.He nullified attacks that were better than us and used set plays and counter attacking football to get decent results.
That is what a good manager does.
Do you honestly think that if Alladyce was manager of Real Madrid/Man U and given money he wouldnt play expansive attacking football?

Now Silva takes over a dire defensive unit and only improves it with an a good attacking left back who is now showing alarming defensive frailties.
He inherited a poor midfield and thinks the best way to defend his hapless defence is to attack and try to play expansive football despite us not having a centre forward worthy of the name.
That my friend is hopeless management. He has only 1 plan and cannot adapt to the qualities of the players around him. He is incredibly inept at setting up defensively and we do not create many chances.

One is a manger of proven ability in several leagues and can adapt to the standard of players around him and the opposition.

The other has a sexy sounding name but is fundamentally flawed in just about every aspect of management at this level.

This is incorrect, he (BFS) said on Talk Sport the football was not good enough.....

Speaking on the Sports Breakfast, he said: “Everybody walks around talking about Sam Allardyce’s style is not good enough, he doesn’t play the right way and so on and so forth and it is a massive problem for me. People believe it. You believe the false lies, the false implications. Football does that – it believes that lie sometimes.

“It is built up by fellow managers, journos who follow on with it and you are never going to get rid of it. The type of football I played at Everton, the fans said it wasn’t good enough and I would say the same – I knew it wasn’t good enough for Everton – but I knew I had to get them in the position where they were safe.

Audio at the bottom of the link.......

Status
Not open for further replies.