2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's being played massively to deep. For some idiotic reason Silva has him as the deepest player on the pitch more often than not

Because with Gana you need someone next to him whose able to pass forward and also carry the ball forward.

Thats why were so unbalanced with sigurdsson also basically a 2nd striker.

That will hopefully be the plan in the Summer, where that leaves Iceland im not sure, be very surprised if hes sold tho, considering how many goals he scores.

I think we'd really need two great box to box players for him to do well...we'd look very 'european'.

Hes an outstanding talent, of course his form has dipped a little, we are utter pants, when we are less pants, a player like him will shine.

Hes also very much a confidence player, he cant have any confidence currently, cos we are PANTS.

I feel like there's a lot of variables with him. What we are crying out for are players to grab the game and our team by the scruff of the neck and drag us through. Right now Gomes just looks like another one who would be better in the 'right system or with better players around him'.

I feel like there's a lot of variables with him. What we are crying out for are players to grab the game and our team by the scruff of the neck and drag us through. Right now Gomes just looks like another one who would be better in the 'right system or with better players around him'.

A fair point, we have a LOT of players that look good when we are on top, but go utterly AWOL when the chips are down.

I think that's how he's being instructed more than how he is. At Valencia he supposedly was much more up the pitch
Ive watched a few vids in his valencia days and he looked quite deep there.

Have to agree with @riddick as when i saw him at Valencia he was playing as a left sided centre midfielder driving forwards.

Have to say though, Goats idea of him playing as a deep playmaker is sound...he can pass and carry the ball forward and isnt shy to mix it up.

So it may well be that Silva has asked him to play more deep to get used to the position but with someone alongside for this season to get him some extra protection.

Oh. Nevermind then!

But I get what you mean, he looks stifled in his current role, he doesnt look comfortable, I think thats down to the mismatch of midfielders we have, we have Gomes who as I said I think is a deep-lying playmaker, then you have Gana who is a traditional 6 midfield destroyer, we have TomTom, who I have no idea what hes meant to be, then you have Iceland, who kinda just floats around and Top Corner stuff.

So its just an utter joke of a midfield that really doesnt mesh.

Have to agree with @riddick as when i saw him at Valencia he was playing as a left sided centre midfielder driving forwards.

Have to say though, Goats idea of him playing as a deep playmaker is sound...he can pass and carry the ball forward and isnt shy to mix it up.

So it may well be that Silva has asked him to play more deep to get used to the position but with someone alongside for this season to get him some extra protection.

Well as I said I only watched a few vids, I thought he mainly played from a deep role, but I did notice he was very much willing to drive forward, so I honestly have no idea how Valencia set up when he was there.

I think that when we look at the centre midfield we dont have anyone able to do that aside from Gomes when he first joined and Sigurdsson scoring a worldie.

So the idea of him playing deep is interesting as it frees up 2 box to box positions where new players who can impact games consistently may be brought in.

I would say though that hes massively dropped off and as i posted earlier id try for him on the cheap...£20mil max.

Lets see how he does after this rest, he has Cardiff next then of course the RS and we need two top games from him.

Just another thought, if 29 year old Gana went for the same fee PSG bid of £26mil in the summer and we could bring in 25 year old Gomes for less...

If Gomes can become the deep playmaker we need for a 433 system then it would be a great deal for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.