What is the solution to this mess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I think about us at the minute, the way we’ve been run, the football we play, the money we’ve undoubtedly wasted, we actually do deserve to go down.

We should be Spurs. But we are so much very closer to Villa. Except I reckon Villa would beat us at the moment.

Mad innit. Went from being a club that was universally respected for punching way above their weight and still competing at the top, albeit without ever winning a trophy. Now we're at this utter shambles.

I was a big advocate for sacking Roberto at the time, things had been turning toxic, but i'd have him back now. That's how bad things have got here. I have absolutely no faith in any manager being able to turn us around at the moment.

As was stated many times before
Put your bed in the bin , set your bed on fire and get into bed
Puel was detested at Southampton and is despised at Leicester
He dropped Vardy and brought him on to take a penalty
What would he have done if Leicester got a penalty in the first minute
It’s not American football where you can bring in a kicker for one punt at goal

Tbf, Vardy was already set to come on before the penalty, mate.

I don't actually get the hate for Puel, I do think he's a decent enough manager.

But for whatever reason fans of the clubs he's been at haven't rated him.

GOT come November if we still have Silva in charge..

900_The%20Harrowing%20of%20Hell.jpg

Glad to see Chico making a comeback front and centre

The more I think about us at the minute, the way we’ve been run, the football we play, the money we’ve undoubtedly wasted, we actually do deserve to go down.

We should be Spurs. But we are so much very closer to Villa. Except I reckon Villa would beat us at the moment.

Proper tosh.

On Brands to sort out. Jury's still out on him IMO but mainly because there's not really been the time so far to get it all sorted and he's got a huge task on his hands.

But he's literally our last hope at this point - from a footballing perspective - so he better be good enough.

If not, we are sleepwalking our way towards a scrap, 100%.

Pickford worries me. He is sporadically brilliant but you never know when he is about to drop a clanger.

He needs to have a more consistent base line standard from which he can excel, rather than the volatile base line standard that he has at the moment. I think it affects the mindset and confidence of his entire defence.

Hopefully, he comes good with maturity.

I do blame some of the players
But a good DOF wouldn’t sign bad players with bad attitudes
Even with due diligence on the player and trying to understand incoming players' attitudes, a couple of ropey characters are to be expected. Then a decent DOF would help shift them on and/or A manager could keep them on track if they were useful players.

However we have too much from before Brands and Silva, so either (deja vu time) we cull and expect a transition season or try to take a longer term approach gradually replacing whilst trying to keep performance levels unaffected for the worse. We got a new manager and considerable amount of new players last summer (after doing the same the year before). And we're still overstocked with mid to lower table ( or lower than that) quality players.

We've been a basket case too long. It's going to take more than a couple of seasons to sort out I'm afraid. It's a long, long journey unfortunately with no end in sight.

Even with due diligence on the player and trying to understand incoming players' attitudes, a couple of ropey characters are to be expected. Then a decent DOF would help shift them on and/or A manager could keep them on track if they were useful players.

However we have too much from before Brands and Silva, so either (deja vu time) we cull and expect a transition season or try to take a longer term approach gradually replacing whilst trying to keep performance levels unaffected for the worse. We got a new manager and considerable amount of new players last summer (after doing the same the year before). And we're still overstocked with mid to lower table ( or lower than that) quality players.

We've been a basket case too long. It's going to take more than a couple of seasons to sort out I'm afraid. It's a long, long journey unfortunately with no end in sight.
I agree
Only problem is will players like Ricarlison, Digne , Mina hang around for the 3 or 4 seasons it will take to shift all the dross out
If by some miracle we could shift the 23/24 players we don’t need want (personally I’d ship at least 30) in one window with wages gone as well , I think Moshiri would find the money to add to whatever we took in to build the squad
However it will take 2/3 seasons to sort it out and those looking at 5/6 permanent incomings in the summer will in my opinion be sorely disappointed
A striker plus a midfielder is what I can see happening with Henry /Vlasic back and a load either sold or loaned out

I agree
Only problem is will players like Ricarlison, Digne , Mina hang around for the 3 or 4 seasons it will take to shift all the dross out
If by some miracle we could shift the 23/24 players we don’t need want (personally I’d ship at least 30) in one window with wages gone as well , I think Moshiri would find the money to add to whatever we took in to build the squad
However it will take 2/3 seasons to sort it out and those looking at 5/6 permanent incomings in the summer will in my opinion be sorely disappointed
A striker plus a midfielder is what I can see happening with Henry /Vlasic back and a load either sold or loaned out
If they're good enough to go to a more successful club, good luck to them. It's Everton's job to try and keep them by matching that ambition. We seem like we're a long way away. I do hope we keep the good ones long enough that we gain some traction.

If they're good enough to go to a more successful club, good luck to them. It's Everton's job to try and keep them by matching that ambition. We seem like we're a long way away. I do hope we keep the good ones long enough that we gain some traction.
If we can’t keep them then hopefully sell for a vast profit
Some paper said that Chelsea were looking at Ricarlison as a replacement for Hazard and Everton would look to get 80m IF Chelsea made a bid.
Would speed up the process a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.