What is the solution to this mess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What?

I'm not saying we haven't been mismanaged. I keep telling you that.

I just also think it's utterly baffling that you suggest this squad is good enough to finish top 6.

- We don't have a decent striker. Literally Huddersfield and Cardiff have worse striking options than us. That's it. Heck, had Sala (RIP) joined Cardiff, they'd be better off than us tbh.

- Two of our three first-choice CBs have made the same errors all season, and Keane did last year as well.

- Our RB has fallen off a cliff this season (although not as much as some have said imo). Kenny is okay but lacking.

- We have some half-decent creative players playing with no confidence.

The only players we have, by my reckoning, who would currently get in a top six side (i.e. demand a start) are Gueye and Digne. Neither would get in all of the top six. Gueye would probably start for Arsenal and Digne for United and Arsenal.
No mate

Mina - maybe, eventually, but he's got a lot of development to do.
Digne - yes, probably.
Richarlison - see Mina.
Bernard - maybe a squad player at best.
Gueye - see Digne.
Pickford - not better than any of the top 6 gk's. Patricio also better. He's probably the 8th best in the league.
Keane - no, has played in a Burnley side that scrapped to stay up and for us. Never going to be good enough.
Zouma - he literally isn't good enough for Chelsea as they keep loaning him out - and he got relegated last year.
Gomes - maybe - see Bernard.
Walcott - literally sold by Arsenal because he was no longer good enough.
Gylfi - sold by Spurs. Squad player, maybe.
i disagree. We have to agree to disagree lad.

i disagree. We have to agree to disagree lad.

Fair enough.

I respect your opinion, but what is it actually based on?

You've given me a list and surely you can agree with the points I've made on most of the players?

Again, I don't want you to think I'm laying it all at the players' door. Silva is to blame for his part this season of course. And if he goes he can have no complaints.

But no manager would get top six with this group of players barring a complete miracle - like Leicester was. And even Leicester had a core and a goalscorer.

I wonder do other top directors of football make themselves heard in the media during trying times at their respective clubs. Dont particularly expect him to be talking right now but I wonder what's the norm

This is where their role becomes a bit murky. And Brands now sits on the board also. His job description probably has nothing to do with club communication and it shouldnt, either.

Really though what could be say. He could give a generic statement of being disappointed and that everyone is determined to work harder and overcome a very challenging period, but I don't think that means anything. Nor can he give some definitive guarantee that Silva is here to stay, come what may.

EFC doesn't communicate well as a club in general but that is the least of Brands worries. He will have to comment if Silva is sacked and I'm sure in those circumstances he would be diplomatic and tactful, the critical job lies in the choice of successor.

Fair enough.

You've given me a list and surely you can agree with the points I've made on most of the players?

Again, I don't want you to think I'm laying it all at the players' door. Silva is to blame for his part this season of course. And if he goes he can have no complaints.

But no manager would get top six with this group of players barring a complete miracle - like Leicester was. And even Leicester had a core and a goalscorer.
Ok, like I said agree to disagree. Whatever I say isn’t going to change your mind so what’s the point.

Fair enough.

People want 7th which is a fair demand.

Just league games...

Leicester - 1 win in 7 (as it stands, assuming Spurs hold on)
West Ham - 1 win in 7
Bournemouth - 2 wins in 7

For the record, Everton - 2 wins in 7
Leicester playing very good football. 18 shots on goal against Totenham. They have a finishing problem but they have 9 easy games now. My favourite to get 6th place.
West Ham have some very good players. Not a good team just yet. But that will come. Finishing 7th or 8th.
Bournemouth a very small club with not much investment but still a team on the same level then Everton at least.
Everton big investment but the team gets worse every season. My favourite to go down, only next season, if they can scrap 6 or 7 points from somewhere.

Sack Silva and bring in somebody like Claude Puel. Not a fancy dan but a hard working coach. Fitness fanatic who has coached bigger clubs (Lyon FC) then Everton. Would be a 100 time improvement to Silva but i fear Leicester wont fire him even if he was the favourite to get fired before the season.

Leicester playing very good football. 18 shots on goal against Totenham. They have a finishing problem but they have 9 easy games now. My favourite to get 6th place.
West Ham have some very good players. Not a good team just yet. But that will come. Finishing 7th or 8th.
Bournemouth a very small club with not much investment but still a team on the same level then Everton at least.
Everton big investment but the team gets worse every season. My favourite to go down, only next season, if they can scrap 6 or 7 points from somewhere.

Sack Silva and bring in somebody like Claude Puel. Not a fancy dan but a hard working coach. Fitness fanatic who has coached bigger clubs (Lyon FC) then Everton. Would be a 100 time improvement to Silva but i fear Leicester wont fire him even if he was the favourite to get fired before the season.

Tell that to their fans who want Puel out.

Ok, like I said agree to disagree. Whatever I say isn’t going to change your mind so what’s the point.

Right, but my opinion is backed up by the fact that with these players we've finished 8th and are set to finish between 9th and 13th, under successive managers.

I am not remotely suggesting Silva is doing well or isn't even underachieving. He is. But this squad is nowhere close to top-six material. Nowhere.

The only possible thing you could be basing it on is our decent run earlier in the season which saw us be in 6th when we went into the derby. Well if you're crediting the players, then equally so you have to credit Silva for that. Can't have it both ways.

Too much messing about Managers/DOF’s. No one knows what Walsh did or bought and same with Brands. When does Brands become accountable for failure.

I preferred the old way of a manager and a No2, it’s no coincidence that the club has wasted money and been poor in the league since we’ve changed the way we do things.

Status
Not open for further replies.