• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He does know if hes sacked again he will be lucky to get a sunday league appointment. He does not seemed arsed in the slightest

Quite the contrary.

It seems there is no onfield incompetency which will stop a manager at this very high level from getting another job.

The list is endless.

Big pay off....another high paying job when you are ready.

Rinse and repeat.

Failed football management at the elite level is far and away the best job in the world.

At the end of the day, there's a much more deep-rooted issue at Everton than Silva.

I'm sick of the same old process. Hire a manager, play half-decent, play crap, fans turn, fire a manager, start again.

Whether Silva does go or not, I'm not really arsed now. I'm just saying, there's far more problems than him.
Pretty much, the whole backroom staff needs a clear out. Get rid of the former players and get some proper coaches in.

Then no point of sacking the previous managers then?

It will be an unpopular opinion with many round these parts but happen Moshiri’s first mistake was in firing Bobby without giving him a chance with the funds he gave Koeman, Sam and now this current fellow.

Of the four of them, Bob is the only one who gave us some happy moments.

Good freshman season, a long run in Europe in his sophomore and two semi finals in his final season.

Cor blimey when you think back on it, that was a vintage period compared what the Three Amigos of Mediocrity have brought to the table since Moshiri started hiring the managers :(

There.....I have said it :p

Just forced myself to watch the highlights again..... Baines (I am a huge fan) should know better than to play when injured and so should the physio staff. I am sure he was under pressure as there is no other left back available bu that was a huge mistake. Keane is not going to make it in the Prem with us. He would be better off seeking a static back four team like Burnley. Sadly Coleman is not the player he was before that horrific injury. JJK should be playing now in whats left of a wasted season to see if he improves, if not come summer..... I am not sure if the academy boys coming through are good enough to fill the holes given they have been brought up on UnsyBall but we'll see.
midfield needs Gana back and I would move Siggy (my other favorite) to the bench until we can afford him as a luxury player.
None of the forwards bar Richarlison and Lookman are worth persisting with. DCL will go to a championship side and bag loads then get a good contract with a Brighton or a Huddersfield. Cenk is not a #9 goalscorer, Walcott, just done.
These are not easy decisions to make but Silva DOES get paid the big bucks to make them!

It will be an unpopular opinion with many round these parts but happen Moshiri’s first mistake was in firing Bobby without giving him a chance with the funds he gave Koeman, Sam and now this current fellow.

Of the four of them, Bob is the only one who gave us some happy moments.

Good freshman season, a long run in Europe in his sophomore and two semi finals in his final season.

Cor blimey when you think back on it, that was a vintage period compared what the Three Amigos of Mediocrity have brought to the table since Moshiri started hiring the managers :(

There.....I have said it :p
I was quite happy when Koeman was leading us to 8 consecutive home wins by an aggregate score of 29-6 to be honest, with the dismantling of City a particular highlight. It went wrong for him quite quickly but that season was far better than the 2 preceding it.

It started under Martinez, Koeman tried to rectify it by signing Williams and to a point it worked in the first season. Then the introduction of Pickford and Keane have somehow coincidentally seen the inability to defend reappear.

IMO it does come down to training, and not just organisation in the defence for set pieces. It’s positional play and knowing when your team mate needs cover. Yes individual error will always happen but we are open everywhere, teams can just cut through us like butter and these “mistakes” sometime come from being the only option to stop an attack developing into a more dangerous situation.

He’s all about cutting the angles down, rather than a press to the player in possession. Once that’s bypassed, and it has quite easily, its open season on our defence.
If you were an opposition forward and you were trying to get on the end of a set piece in the box you'd have one thought on your mind besides getting to the cross: "What's the downside here? Will I get clattered by an oncoming GK?" And the answer all the time when playing Everton is "no".

There is no downside to attacking Everton in the box because the GK will never be a physical issue to deal with. That has to be part of the answer (a big part) for Everton's woes on crosses. Of course, this has followed Silva about a bit so there's obviously a Silva dimension to it.

I'm trying to stay level headed. You cant really compare to the Bobby era I think. Moyes left him with a good solid team that finished 6th in the league and defensively drilled to death. Bobby added Lukaku on loan into the mix and went on to finish 5th in his first season. It went downhill from there.

Silva has taken over a selection of ageing defenders, under performing midfielders and useless strikers. The players he has bought in on the whole have been our best players this season, which is probably the best thing he has going for him

Del is a far better player than Richarlison IMO.

Hmm... really not sure on that one, Khal.

The lad's doing exactly what he did at Watford here three years ago. Blows hot and cold.

Richarlison has that goal-scoring instinct that not many have. His all-round game needs improving but he's 21. He's about six months older than DCL if I remember correctly.

I was quite happy when Koeman was leading us to 8 consecutive home wins by an aggregate score of 29-6 to be honest, with the dismantling of City a particular highlight. It went wrong for him quite quickly but that season was far better than the 2 preceding it.

That is what is known as “selective memory” syndrome, Lan.

Because that run of home wins was sandwiched in between a truly dreadful autum crash in which we lifted twelve points from ten games and which included the lowlight of a 5-0 savaging at Chelsea and an absolutely wretched autumn which culminated in yet another lowlight in the 6-2 defeat by Arsenal.

If you were an opposition forward and you were trying to get on the end of a set piece in the box you'd have one thought on your mind besides getting to the cross: "What's the downside here? Will I get clattered by an oncoming GK?" And the answer all the time when playing Everton is "no".

There is no downside to attacking Everton in the box because the GK will never be a physical issue to deal with. That has to be part of the answer (a big part) for Everton's woes on crosses. Of course, this has followed Silva about a bit so there's obviously a Silva dimension to it.

Honestly Dave, if you look at Pickford when he plays for England, he actually comes off his line a lot more.

I'm not saying it's ALL down to coaching, but even last season he came off his line loads more than this. I'm sure that the current GK coach is instructing him to stay home.

Honestly, it's not even wrong. Your defenders should be doing their jobs.

In the PSG game yesterday, Areola put in one of the best performances I've seen in ages, but cocked up coming for a cross. McCarthy at S'ton also made a massive error v Burnley that he was lucky to get away with.

Look at the PL as a trend at the moment. Most goalkeepers are evidently being instructed to stay on their lines.

Hmm... really not sure on that one, Khal.

The lad's doing exactly what he did at Watford here three years ago. Blows hot and cold.

Richarlison has that goal-scoring instinct that not many have. His all-round game needs improving but he's 21. He's about six months older than DCL if I remember correctly.

Oh, I am Toff.

Del was a far better player as a teenager than Richarlison is now.

Chasing Del out is another thing we have to thank Koeman for.

And there it is.

It’s all Picfords fault lol

Oh, I am Toff.

Del was a far better player as a teenager than Richarlison is now.

Chasing Del out is another thing we have to thank Koeman for.

Was he? We had Del when he was 19 in Martinez's first season. Are you really sure that he was a better player in that time than Richarlison is at the moment? I think that's pushing it a bit, mate.

I'm not slating Del, I like the lad and didn't particularly want him to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.