• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt they're well practiced in it. Throwing it in on a second FK seems ridiculous.

Well actually - and this is something that Silva pointed out last week in fairness - we don't use zonal for all set plays.

For FKs, we push our line up to the edge of the box, like Liverpool and City do. The system is then man marking, with every player designated someone.

We've used that for much of the system so it's not exactly new.

Obviously not about that mate, our manager could be a gaseous entity from the planet Jupiter as long as he has the ability to express himself and get his message across to fans and players. Silva can only speak through results and it's effing rubbish

I keed I keed xx

It will be an unpopular opinion with many round these parts but happen Moshiri’s first mistake was in firing Bobby without giving him a chance with the funds he gave Koeman, Sam and now this current fellow.

Of the four of them, Bob is the only one who gave us some happy moments.

Good freshman season, a long run in Europe in his sophomore and two semi finals in his final season.

Cor blimey when you think back on it, that was a vintage period compared what the Three Amigos of Mediocrity have brought to the table since Moshiri started hiring the managers :(

There.....I have said it :p

Mate bobby funds , would you give 200m to a man that signed

Alcaraz
Mgeady
Niasse
Galloway
Kone
Robles
Mcarthy
Traore
And the Swiss fella ?

If you gave him 200m he would have signed the entire Wigan squad of all age groups both men and woman’s teams down to under 12’s

I know you didn’t, Toff.

You are a fellow who knows his football :)

But yes, in my opinion Del at any age I have seen him is way better than Richarlison.

Which, like you were saying in relation to Del, is no slight on the Brazilian lid.

I just happen to think Del on the top of his game is one of the best players I have ever seen playing for EFC.

I still remember the frisson of excitement and people getting out their seats around me when he picked up the ball around the halfway line and made his way forward.

:)

If you could implant richys lungs into del then maybe

I have some sympathy for Marco: he's 'inherited' Fatty Koeman's and Gormless Walsh's bloated, useless, and unmotivated squad. Not sure if any manager could get a tune out of that hapless group of jellyfish.
I portend at least two more seasons of utter wretchedness from the jellyfish...

We all know that it is currently dross, and the season is over.

As previous posters have mentioned, Silva has walked into a 'perfect storm' of disruption and a playing staff of dubious talent and commitment.

I want him to see out his contract, but if we get slaughtered- humiliated by the RS, I fear that a momentum will become unstoppable in terms of getting rid.

Sad.

I still have faith in him to turn it round. He knows it’s rubbish, he also cares that it’s his responsibility to put it right. That automatically puts him ahead of Roberto ‘it’s all phenomenal no problem here’ Martinez and Ronald ‘can I go to Barca yet’ Koeman. I think Silva is a decent coach who came in expecting an easier job than it is and he’s been genuinely gut punched by the sheer incompetence of everything about Everton. I’d much rather have someone int here getting frustrated than an Allardyce type giving it the ‘what more do you want for your tinpot club’ line.

If he can’t solve the problems then eventually he has to go but all we’ve seen so far is that he started well despite some severe cases of his players cocking up (Jagielka, Richarlison reds, Baines giving pens away, Pickford mistake) and injuries. Then just as we looked like getting our act together and everyone fit the old spectre of Everton squads downing tools has reared its head again. He’s now in the same downward spiral that Koeman got in where the players are so shot of confidence they can’t even put a pass together and the results get so bad a manager gets fired. If we can stick with Silva and get out of this rut though then we may crack the problem long term. If we panic and fire him then the same could happen all over again, a good start for the new boss followed by another collective collapse.

Don’t see the sense in sacking him at this point. Whilst I think there should definitely be a review of his position at the end of the season, I genuinely don’t think there’s anything to be gained from getting rid now.

We’re quickly becoming a poisoned chalice, even more so if he is sacked this early into his tenure. No decent manager in his right mind would want to come near us and our ‘transitional period’ which at the moment seems to expect instant results.

Yes, the current performances are very concerning, but I imagine the current rot has roots set much deeper into the club than just the manager.

In all honesty, I haven’t a clue what the long term solution is, but I seriously doubt our form will magically upturn if he’s sacked now.
Some of these players have downed tools for 4 managers now.

Alcaraz
Mgeady
Niasse
Galloway
Kone
Robles
Mcarthy
Traore
And the Swiss fella ?

If you gave him 200m he would have signed the entire Wigan squad of all age groups both men and woman’s teams down to under 12’s

But why did he sign those players? Because he had no money to buy better.

Alcaraz - free
McGeady - 2m
Niasse - 13m
Galloway - can't remember but it was buttons
Kone - 6m
Robles - 2.5m
McCarthy - 13.5m?
Traore - loan
Tarasaj - 3m

Koeman got a huge budget and signed

Schneiderlin - 20m
Bolasie - 28m
Keane - 25m
Klaassen - 24m
Rooney - 10m
Pickford - 30m

Allardyce signed
Tosun - 28m
Walcott - 20m

Huge differences. The only time Martinez was given a considerable sum for one player he bought Lukaku for 28m.

Oh how we could have done with that acumen during the Koeman and Allardyce days.

But why did he sign those players? Because he had no money to buy better.

Alcaraz - free
McGeady - 2m
Niasse - 13m
Galloway - can't remember but it was buttons
Kone - 6m
Robles - 2.5m
McCarthy - 13.5m?
Traore - loan
Tarasaj - 3m

Koeman got a huge budget and signed

Schneiderlin - 20m
Bolasie - 28m
Keane - 25m
Klaassen - 24m
Rooney - 10m
Pickford - 30m

Allardyce signed
Tosun - 28m
Walcott - 20m

Huge differences. The only time Martinez was given a considerable sum for one player he bought Lukaku for 28m.

Oh how we could have done with that acumen during the Koeman and Allardyce days.

The sums are different but the quality of player isn’t.

Alcaraz
Mgeady
Niasse
Galloway
Kone
Robles
Mcarthy
Traore
And the Swiss fella ?

Indeed.

But you are shaky ground going down that road.

Because that inexpenseively assembled line up is no worse than a list containing Bolasie, Tosun, Martina, Williams, Klassen, Sandro, Steklenberg, Walcott, Keane et al, which saw God knows how many tens of millions squandered in the eighteen months following his departure.

Status
Not open for further replies.