• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed.

But you are shaky ground going down that road.

Because that inexpenseively assembled line up is no worse than a list containing Bolasie, Tosun, Martina, Williams, Klassen, Sandro, Steklenberg, Walcott, Keane et al, which saw God knows how many tens of millions squandered in the eighteen months following his departure.

Limited funds doesn’t means it’s acceptable to spunk a large chunk of it on Arouna Kone. Wouldn’t have trusted Martinez with funds any more than I would his successors.

But why did he sign those players? Because he had no money to buy better.

Alcaraz - free
McGeady - 2m
Niasse - 13m
Galloway - can't remember but it was buttons
Kone - 6m
Robles - 2.5m
McCarthy - 13.5m?
Traore - loan
Tarasaj - 3m

Koeman got a huge budget and signed

Schneiderlin - 20m
Bolasie - 28m
Keane - 25m
Klaassen - 24m
Rooney - 10m
Pickford - 30m

Allardyce signed
Tosun - 28m
Walcott - 20m

Huge differences. The only time Martinez was given a considerable sum for one player he bought Lukaku for 28m.

Oh how we could have done with that acumen during the Koeman and Allardyce days.

Only Moyes can spot good players and bought them for buttons.

Huge inflation between 2013 - 2018 too. £13m in 2013 are probably worthed double in 2018.

Apart from lukaku and McCarthy Martinez bought rubbish., apart from Pickford koeman bought rubbish and alladyce bought rubbish so that’s 3 managers that have bought rubbish

McCarthy is poor overall and injury-proned. Barry on the other hand was a good player back then.

If you were an opposition forward and you were trying to get on the end of a set piece in the box you'd have one thought on your mind besides getting to the cross: "What's the downside here? Will I get clattered by an oncoming GK?" And the answer all the time when playing Everton is "no".

There is no downside to attacking Everton in the box because the GK will never be a physical issue to deal with. That has to be part of the answer (a big part) for Everton's woes on crosses. Of course, this has followed Silva about a bit so there's obviously a Silva dimension to it.

Pickford is part of the problem, totally agree. It should be addressed, but won’t

Well that boils down to the individual and standards they set themselves.

Once you go as far as you go and you can't get any higher, does that mean you stop trying? Not in my book but that's just my opinion mate. I want my kids to aspire to do something and be something far greater than I'll ever be, but that doesn't mean I don't go out to work every day and do my very best at what I do ;)
If I was in my late 20,s and I knew a bigger club would never be interested in me through my ability. On 80K a week.!!!!! I would just turn up and not care!

Only Moyes can spot good players and bought them for buttons.

Huge inflation between 2013 - 2018 too. £13m in 2013 are probably worthed double in 2018.

It's a different age now, impossible to sniff around and pick players quietly. Every club has access to footage of every player in the planet. We have zero pulling power at the moment, we just have to hope Brands has his finger in many pies.

That said Guendozi and Dendoncker were very astute signings.

It's a different age now, impossible to sniff around and pick players quietly. Every club has access to footage of every player in the planet. We have zero pulling power at the moment, we just have to hope Brands has his finger in many pies.

That said Guendozi and Dendoncker were very astute signings.
Not at all, other teams still do what we used to do. Obviously fees have gone up but the principle remains the same, it's just that the bargains might cost £10m instead of £2m.

Not at all, other teams still do what we used to do. Obviously fees have gone up but the principle remains the same, it's just that the bargains might cost £10m instead of £2m.

I hope you're right. Haven't seen any of those for a while here though.

Status
Not open for further replies.