• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d give him time to sort the problem out. I think there’s a genuine issue at Everton that the last few managers have found also that players do not follow the instructions they are given in training. There seems little point to me firing the manager just for the next one to have the same problem.

When do we stop blaming and changing managers and start pointing the finger at the players who don't perform week in, week out.

We've spent £50m on a creative N10 who never plays a through ball, for all his stats he is creates hardly any chances from open play.

When do we stop blaming and changing managers and start pointing the finger at the players who don't perform week in, week out.

We've spent £50m on a creative N10 who never plays a through ball, for all his stats he is creates hardly any chances from open play.
A) there is almost a completely new team from 2 seasons ago.

B) who chooses these players to play?

When a manager stops playing these same players in the same positions each week with the same formation and tactics......

Then no point of sacking the previous managers then?

I think a big problem with him is that he is purely an arm around the shoulder man manager. I think our initial good form was down to the feel good feeling after “throw them under the bus” Allardyce and the players raised their game for Silva. I think this ran its natural course and properly ran out when the schedule got too hectic and the players couldn’t physically over perform anymore.

Imo the players now see what we see, no plan b questionable tactics and yet another stubborn manager unable to change and him being a good bloke just isn’t enough.

At the start of the season every spoken about it being a transition season, that it would take time to change the squad around. Why have we all suddenly lost patience? We signed five players this summer, we still need around another six. Despite laying out a lot of money on individuals like Richarlison, we didn't massively out spend teams around us.

Example:
Leicester spent £103m
Bournmouth £81m
West Ham £95m

We spent just shy of £90m. To even remain best of the rest, you need spend incredible amounts of money. Even Southampton spent near £60m

The big mistake was Moshiri believing that the alarming drop in form at Watford was purely down to our approach. a real proffesional would not let that effect him in the slightest.A bit like the way Silva expects Gueye to react after missing out on the PSG move.
I have to say, Im loosing faith in Mosh. Seems to go for every flavour of the month signing he can get his hands on, Brands seems to be the only outlier. I was against signing Silva, but the first 1/3 of the season made me belive Mosh might have been right in persuing him. Now, he’s back to looking like another bad move. Hopefully Brands really is the guy now, and gets total power in recruting a new manager if/when Marco leaves.

When a manager stops playing these same players in the same positions each week with the same formation and tactics......
Isn't that what most managers do, though?

Mourinho didn't change tactics at united. Pretty sure klopp and guardiola play the same formation/tactics week in, week out. Its a myth that you need to keep changing things. Just get better players.

Soggy is a luxury player and is not a good fit for Everton in current situation...u can’t blame the player if we paid 50m for him...

Status
Not open for further replies.