• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When a manager stops playing these same players in the same positions each week with the same formation and tactics......

Well he played 4-3-3 on Saturday and started - bar one change - the team that played in the win over Huddersfield.

So that was a change in system/positions.

I wonder who is the biggest culprit when it comes to complacency within the team. Who is the main player behind this trend, it must be identify to stop this rot at all cost.

At the start of the season every spoken about it being a transition season, that it would take time to change the squad around. Why have we all suddenly lost patience? We signed five players this summer, we still need around another six. Despite laying out a lot of money on individuals like Richarlison, we didn't massively out spend teams around us.

Example:
Leicester spent £103m
Bournmouth £81m
West Ham £95m

We spent just shy of £90m. To even remain best of the rest, you need spend incredible amounts of money. Even Southampton spent near £60m

Because I can’t see how on earth we are gonna to improve under him given he can’t setup a defence and kept conceding through setpieces. The attack isn’t any better with these crap slow sideway passing. For goodness sake we even lose to West Ham, Leicester and Wolves which in the past we rarely to lose these dross at home.

We spend like £300m since Moshiri came in.

We will more or less have the idea now and I can see us finish like 11th/12th and some people actually are happy with this. By the end of year, when things not working out, people will find more excuses.

I'm gonna sound like a dumb Brexit Dad here, but i think having a manager who actually speaks good english is important. Silva is, unfortunately, another language butcher. And until someones says bleedin' Sam Allardyce, his english is worse than Koeman's. But OK.
Most of our team aren't native English speakers. The problem is those who are have such a low intelligence that Silva might as well be talking to a wall. I can just picture him giving instructions to Keane and being met with a blank look. I imagine it's the same look you'd get explaining quantum physics to a baby.

I don't think it can all come back to training though, I'm sorry.

We've seen the same mistakes over and over again under different managers.

I honestly reckon we're one of the best training teams in the league. We'll be ace. Pinging balls everywhere, scoring belters.

We just can't do it on the pitch.

No matter how much you work on something in training, out on the pitch in one individual moment, the player has to make the right call.

Training doesn't stop Keane making that foul. It doesn't stop Richarlison and Coleman losing their man. It doesn't stop Baines diving in. It doesn't stop Lookman losing possession.

It started under Martinez, Koeman tried to rectify it by signing Williams and to a point it worked in the first season. Then the introduction of Pickford and Keane have somehow coincidentally seen the inability to defend reappear.

IMO it does come down to training, and not just organisation in the defence for set pieces. It’s positional play and knowing when your team mate needs cover. Yes individual error will always happen but we are open everywhere, teams can just cut through us like butter and these “mistakes” sometime come from being the only option to stop an attack developing into a more dangerous situation.

He’s all about cutting the angles down, rather than a press to the player in possession. Once that’s bypassed, and it has quite easily, its open season on our defence.

I have to say, Im loosing faith in Mosh. Seems to go for every flavour of the month signing he can get his hands on, Brands seems to be the only outlier. I was against signing Silva, but the first 1/3 of the season made me belive Mosh might have been right in persuing him. Now, he’s back to looking like another bad move. Hopefully Brands really is the guy now, and gets total power in recruting a new manager if/when Marco leaves.
I would be concerned that Moshiri is losing faith in us. This is a rich man's dalliance and he is neither a boyhood Evertonian nor that rich a man. I could see him just chucking the whole lot in and going back to the Capital (pun intended) if things dont start to work out with his third handpicked manager.

Isn't that what most managers do, though?

Mourinho didn't change tactics at united. Pretty sure klopp and guardiola play the same formation/tactics week in, week out. Its a myth that you need to keep changing things. Just get better players.
Right, was it only 2 seasons ago that the tabloids had the line "Kop Flop Klop"?

Got myself thinking the same things i did with Martinez and Koeman.They say madness is doing the same thing every time but expecting a different result, well all he does is rotate the same players in and out of a chronically bad system and expects to hit a winning formula.

It started under Martinez, Koeman tried to rectify it by signing Williams and to a point it worked in the first season. Then the introduction of Pickford and Keane have somehow coincidentally seen the inability to defend reappear.

IMO it does come down to training, and not just organisation in the defence for set pieces. It’s positional play and knowing when your team mate needs cover. Yes individual error will always happen but we are open everywhere, teams can just cut through us like butter and these “mistakes” sometime come from being the only option to stop an attack developing into a more dangerous situation.

He’s all about cutting the angles down, rather than a press to the player in possession. Once that’s bypassed, and it has quite easily, its open season on our defence.

That's all well and good, but like I said, training - or a lack of - isn't an excuse for Keane's recklnessness the other day, or his error against Leicester. It isn't an excuse for Zouma being unable to pick up his man. It isn't an excuse for Baines diving in.

So I agree to an extent that the mistakes may have a correlation - for example Jota should never be getting the ball there anyway - but the issue is still the player in that situation (Keane) doing something daft.

Status
Not open for further replies.