Managers within our reach

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd swerve Dutch managers, their stock isn't very high at the moment, seems the world has moved on from total football.

Hmm, not so sure.

Van Bronckhorst is probably one of the most promising young managers about. Ironically, he's leaving Feyenoord come the end of the season.

It's semantics.

A manager is a manager in England. Abroad they're called 'Head Coaches'. It's not really a split between the roles anymore.

Silva is the manager of Everton. But if we played in Spain, he'd be a head coach. That's all it is.

Silva's supposedly - going off what all the players have said/say about him - an excellent coach.

It's not exactly working at the moment, is it?

Not really.

Emery and Sarri are both classed as head coaches instead of managers and they funnily enough seem to be less involved with transfers etc. compared to Silva.

Not really.

Emery and Sarri are both classed as head coaches instead of managers and they funnily enough seem to be less involved with transfers etc. compared to Silva.

Well, I think in both those cases I can quite easily point to several transfers that say otherwise.

Arsenal (whose DoF is of course leaving this week) - Denis Suarez, allowing Ramsey to leave (Emery doesn't want to give a big deal to a 28-yr-old).

Chelsea - Higuain (he's 31, no chance he'd be there if Sarri hadn't pushed for it), Jorginho (again, a huge push from Sarri for the deal).

I dunno. It just seems that from everything that's said, Silva is highly thought of as a coach. It's his organisational/structural set up that seems to be the issue...

I still think we will stick by Silva so the thread becomes irrelevant

Not saying he would come or we would want him, but would anyone take a wounded and hurt Jose who wants to stick two fingers up at United

Well, I think in both those cases I can quite easily point to several transfers that say otherwise.

Arsenal (whose DoF is of course leaving this week) - Denis Suarez, allowing Ramsey to leave (Emery doesn't want to give a big deal to a 28-yr-old).

Chelsea - Higuain (he's 31, no chance he'd be there if Sarri hadn't pushed for it), Jorginho (again, a huge push from Sarri for the deal).

I dunno. It just seems that from everything that's said, Silva is highly thought of as a coach. It's his organisational/structural set up that seems to be the issue...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/44917915

He might be highly thought of as a coach, but it’s not translating on the pitch, so if he’s removed I want a proper head coach installed not the manager’s that get popped in here like Conte or Mourinho.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/44917915

He might be highly thought of as a coach, but it’s not translating on the pitch, so if he’s removed I want a proper head coach installed not the manager’s that get popped in here like Conte or Mourinho.

Aye fair enough.

I wasn't talking really about transfers in Silva's regard - because every coach/manager wants their own players at the end of the day.

I just meant that Silva is highly thought of yet, like you say, for the most part that isn't evident on the pitch. So I'm not sure it's as simple as saying 'hire a proper coach'.

I feel sorry for the bookies at game, no one having a bet,takings right down. If it carries on like this,I can see them having a quiet word with Mosh. .

Aye fair enough.

I wasn't talking really about transfers in Silva's regard - because every coach/manager wants their own players at the end of the day.

I just meant that Silva is highly thought of yet, like you say, for the most part that isn't evident on the pitch. So I'm not sure it's as simple as saying 'hire a proper coach'.

Well you can see the patterns he’s shown across his managerial career such as set piece goals conceded etc. and at the end of the day maybe you just have to concede it’s a coaching problem.

I want someone that’s on the training pitch every day, picks the team, motivates the players, makes changes during the match. That is all I want his remit to be.

Looking at our fixtures I have some serious doubts we will finish 9th.

End uh oh, Allardyce finished 8th.
We will finish between 14th and 18th!
Not winning a single match until the end of the season. Perhaps 2 or 3 draws!
Take your everton glasses off. WE are , behind Huddersfield, the worst team in the premiership.
You have to be blind not to see these. If Silva stays we have an above average chance to go down!

Status
Not open for further replies.