Managers within our reach

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many times do you think we will loss in the remaining 13 games?
A good few. And I dont care. This season is about experimentation. We start for real next season when he has a few more of his own players in the first team. Then we judge.

Make no mistake: the kneejerkers will not get their way stamping their feet for a sacking. It's too costly and it makes no sense.

Appointing Benitez would be akin to the appointment of Allardyce.

The normal sensible majority would never want him in the first place, leaving the minority of the tinfoil hat brigade who would support the appointment.

Benitez is obviously a much better manager than Allardyce, but shares similar character traits :

Nothing is ever his fault.

He is always right.

He’s one of the best managers in the world and which ever club he’s at should be grateful that he’s there.
( in his own head

It would be a disaster appointing him.

It’ll never happen in a million years.

Last edited:
we aren't going to be finishing anywhere near 9th.. we are sat there currently keeping it warm for Bournemouth.

with our hideous home form, and the tema we have to play there, we are going to be conceding another 30 goals and will be end up about 16th

Its a gimme season.

we aren't going to be finishing anywhere near 9th.. we are sat there currently keeping it warm for Bournemouth.

with our hideous home form, and the tema we have to play there, we are going to be conceding another 30 goals and will be end up about 16th

That’s harsh mate. I say 12th if he stays.

A good few. And I dont care. This season is about experimentation. We start for real next season when he has a few more of his own players in the first team. Then we judge.

Make no mistake: the kneejerkers will not get their way stamping their feet for a sacking. It's too costly and it makes no sense.

How can this season be “about experimentation” when we are seeing the same set up and play game after game? All that changes are the personnel as he’s never played the same team twice

That’s harsh mate. I say 12th if he stays.
I just cant see where any more points are coming from. we do not win away, unless playing bottom 3 sides, and we haven't picked up many points at home and have all the big boys to play.

we are going to be sliding right down that league

Completely agree. Changing now would achieve nothing unless the new manager could turn things round with the players at his disposal, which I would doubt even the best managers could do. We knew that there would be a long way to rebuild the squad, so why change things yet again?

How can this season be “about experimentation” when we are seeing the same set up and play game after game? All that changes are the personnel as he’s never played the same team twice
I think @davek mean we are now using white cones in training instead of blue ones..

Yes like we have in the past recently - three names who won us trophies - The Catt from the old Division 2 - Howard Kendall again from The old division 2 - Then Joe Royce again from the old Divison 2 - we only win things with past players - fact......

You might.be onto something there Joey.

I’m nominating you as the forums managerial appointments consultant

He;s trying to get a zonal marking system clear in the heads of these clowns. It's a syastem he wnt deviate from so let's hope it means that divvy Pickford is down the road and a Keeper capable of punching is brought in.

I’d like us to go for someone left field like Southampton did with Hassenhutl (sp). Not that he was left field for anyone who knew football but hey, there’s plenty out there with a CV that isn’t relegated with Hull and nosedived Watford.

Completely agree. Changing now would achieve nothing unless the new manager could turn things round with the players at his disposal, which I would doubt even the best managers could do. We knew that there would be a long way to rebuild the squad, so why change things yet again?

It’s opinion.

I think things will still the same in November, you wave the axe then what is the difference? Better cut loss in May and get a proven manager in.

Status
Not open for further replies.