2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's scored nine goals. He's generally been very good for us playing in several different positions, and for the most part in a central role that - while I'm for him playing until we get a proper striker in - is totally alien to him.

He's 21.

I am being overly harsh given his age. At this point it could go either way with him. We desperately need it to work out given the transfer fee.

In all competitions Siggy has 10....

My point is Richarlison is not a striker/Centre forward......

My mistake.

Think he could be a CF...hes only 21 and has really poor service most of the time and is isolated with Sigurdsson behind him.

My mistake.

Think he could be a CF...hes only 21 and has really poor service most of the time and is isolated with Sigurdsson behind him.

Possibly yes but Richarlison is a raw talent & has a lot to learn...

Potentially he can be a great player, at the moment though he is learning his trade...

Service is not great & the team lack confidence so judgement can not be accurate at this specific time...

I am being overly harsh given his age. At this point it could go either way with him. We desperately need it to work out given the transfer fee.

Why get so hung up on the fee?

Is he twice the player Dom Solanke - who's the same age - is? Yes, probably more so.

Fine.

We aren't going to lose money on him, mate. It's really not an issue.

It was a completely insane sub. I was baffled. And fuming.

His tactics when we are chasing a game look muddled and desperate. And they encourage daft hoofball.

Tosun was absolutely appalling as expected too.

Yeh I'm with you mate.

He's really poor at the moment when chasing a game. It's ludicrous that he keeps trying it.

He could try and switch the system in-game. Maybe switch to a diamond so we've got two strikers and Bernard/Lookman behind. Gylfi deeper with Davies coming on so we can build attacks up rather than just, as you say, hoof it uselessly.

Gylfi deeper. You lost me. His a quality second striker. May as well play him at RB, if we're putting him CM.
If he cant fit in the team, you drop him.

Yeh I'm with you mate.

He's really poor at the moment when chasing a game. It's ludicrous that he keeps trying it.

He could try and switch the system in-game. Maybe switch to a diamond so we've got two strikers and Bernard/Lookman behind. Gylfi deeper with Davies coming on so we can build attacks up rather than just, as you say, hoof it uselessly.

I just want to see a different system. We need a different midfield balance. It's still awful.

I'm not sold on Bernard yet either. I think hes a problem right now. I don't think we can accommodate a luxury player like him at the minute. He doesn't offer any goal threat and flatters to deceive. Don't get me wrong i think he's good, but not in this team who are struggling badly. I'd rather we bench him, play Walcott right, Lookman left, and Richarlison off DCL or Siguurdson off Richarlison.

As a wide-forward/winger he's quick and more physical than your average winger, but he's not physical enough to play CF. He looks frustrated having to play there too.
He needs to go back on the wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.