V.A.R

Status
Not open for further replies.
V.A.R will be good when it has been in for a season or 2 and they have got to grips with it.

There will still be some favouring of the Sky 6, but not to the level it's at currently.

Can't believe any Evertonian wouldn't want it. Will help us and the others a lot. We'll lose out on some decisions and gain in others, but if the right call is made I have no issue when we lose out. That's how it should be - the correct decision given unless it's a genuine mistake, not bias from referees to keep the "popular" clubs content.

Every offside by definition is clear & obvious, its in the regulations.

I don't get the issue with last night, got two incredibly tight decisions correct that could easily have gone the other way (one did) with the naked eye.
So you,re absolutely certain that they stopped the picture at the exact millisecond the ball moved? If not then it is again an inaccurate science at best and even last night there were arguments about whether the were indeed correct.

Every offside by definition is clear & obvious, its in the regulations.

I don't get the issue with last night, got two incredibly tight decisions correct that could easily have gone the other way (one did) with the naked eye.

Me neither. I’m a big fan. Look at Newcastle’s goal the other night. Absolutely miles off and allowed. How about WBA handballing it twice in the same incident to score. Hard for officials to see as both were blocked but obvious to the cameras.

There’s stuff to iron out. I could list them but it’s all ready been highlighted everywhere.

Some people didn’t want goal line technology because we apparently like to talk about controversial incidents. No we don’t. We never did.

If you watch cricket and rugby you will know they get most right but not everything is 100% clear. There’s only so many views.

Football may go down a similar route of soft signal or umpires call, where the refs and assistant refs call would stand on ultra tight decisions. It will all come out in the wash.

Even before all the arguments about what will be looked at and killing atmospheres, it should be binned off purely on the fact that it separates top level football from every other level.

99% of rules in the PL are the same for kids, amateur leagues and so on, I don’t care about the money at stake if it creates a fundamental difference in the rules of football.

Even before all the arguments about what will be looked at and killing atmospheres, it should be binned off purely on the fact that it separates top level football from every other level.

99% of rules in the PL are the same for kids, amateur leagues and so on, I don’t care about the money at stake if it creates a fundamental difference in the rules of football.
You do know thousands play without assistant refs or linesman to you and me.

The RS get far more dodgy decisions in their favour than what go against them so VAR is a good thing imo, the more scrutiny they are under the better.

Just heard even in the FA Cup only used in the prem grounds not in any divisions below how can that be fair in the same competition ? or justified?.........

I think it’s because it’s only being trialled and it’s going to be used only in the Premier League next season. Plus it costs a small fortune to run it and lower leagues neither have the funds or are even equipped to take it.

I said it in another thread I think but ref's should be made to explain why they decided what they did with VAR. The whole "the game is too fast, it's a human decision" is out the window when they can see on slo-mo and multiple angles. Not on what was wrong, also on things that were correct. I just think everyone should get a reasoning.

You do know thousands play without assistant refs or linesman to you and me.

And I play it two leagues which run 'Roll on, roll off' subs...

Just heard even in the FA Cup only used in the prem grounds not in any divisions below how can that be fair in the same competition ? or justified?.........
I think it’s because it’s only being trialled and it’s going to be used only in the Premier League next season. Plus it costs a small fortune to run it and lower leagues neither have the funds or are even equipped to take it.
The FA should fund it .....

Yeah, for me you can't have it used at some games and not others within the same competition. It needs to be an equal playing field from game to game. There will still be issues with number of angles available etc, but if it's in at one ground in a round, it should be in at all. It's not like the teams supplies the refs or lino's flags, why should they be responsible for the VAR equipment?

I said it in another thread I think but ref's should be made to explain why they decided what they did with VAR. The whole "the game is too fast, it's a human decision" is out the window when they can see on slo-mo and multiple angles. Not on what was wrong, also on things that were correct. I just think everyone should get a reasoning.
I think VAR should be like cricket each captain has two request every game each to the ref to get too look at any dodgy incident if upheld they keep the right to question anything else dodgy, if they are wrong that is it they are finished unless the ref or assistant give the decision there way!
Cricket seems to work ok on this basis .... it would also stop the rediculous minute offsides or iffy pens as you would lose your claim ...two in 90 minutes for each side is about right imo......

Yeah, for me you can't have it used at some games and not others within the same competition.

Over 700 clubs enter the FA cup.

VAR is coming in for the elite. That's how its going to be. They will iron it out. People were coming out with ridiculous scenarios for the goal line technology but they ironed that out. It wont be perfect.

DRS in cricket has changed every year since its inception and they still want to iron it out. The rugby still gets human error. It's life.

Every goal will be checked. That's no bad thing. Yep there'll be errors - contact in the box is going to be interesting.
They are bringing in tracking cameras for the offsides so its in line with play.

Status
Not open for further replies.