2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how horrible Robles’ got better stats for Everton in the prem than Pickford. Garbage, mind you, but he let in less goals than Jordan according to transfermarkt.
Not to mention his current form in spain.
Pickford this season:
21 games, 31 backwards goals.

Robles:
8 games, 7 clean sheets(2 backwards).

For Everton, Robles let in 1.2 goals pr game in the prem.
For Everton, Pickford let in 1.5 pr game in the prem, and that was last season, when people were claiming he was doing well.

I dont want Robles back, btw, not good enough.

We need a new nr 1 and make Pickford our backup.

Kinda hard to compare keepers when they’re behind different defences, under different managers and facing different opposing players.

Me translating Norwegian to English on fly while writing.

Lets call it goals conceded, like gentlemen. ;)
Ah cool. Sorry I was being genuine there, I didn't know if it was one of them new mad stats like predicted goals or good chances created where you don't actually have any idea how they've been worked out.

Kinda hard to compare keepers when they’re behind different defences, under different managers and facing different opposing players.
I agree, but I would think most of us rate Pickfords defence a lot higher than the one Robles had in front of him.

Like so many said before me, stats doesnt prove anything, but its still worrysome. I get some in here think I despise Pickford, but I really dont, I just want Everton to have a legit, high end keeper. If he becomes that, perfect, but he’s not there yet, and we need better until he is.

I agree, but I would think most of us rate Pickfords defence a lot higher than the one Robles had in front of him.

Like so many said before me, stats doesnt prove anything, but its still worrysome. I get some in here think I despise Pickford, but I really dont, I just want Everton to have a legit, high end keeper. If he becomes that, perfect, but he’s not there yet, and we need better until he is.

Hmm dunno, guess we have better defenders but as a defence we’re still fresh. It’s more the managers way of defensive organisation for me.

Funny how horrible Robles’ got better stats for Everton in the prem than Pickford. Garbage, mind you, but he let in less goals than Jordan according to transfermarkt.
Not to mention his current form in spain.
Pickford this season:
21 games, 31 backwards goals.

Robles:
8 games, 7 clean sheets(2 backwards).

For Everton, Robles let in 1.2 goals pr game in the prem.
For Everton, Pickford let in 1.5 pr game in the prem, and that was last season, when people were claiming he was doing well.

I dont want Robles back, btw, not good enough.

We need a new nr 1 and make Pickford our backup.

Edit:
Backwards = goals conceded. :blush:

Robles is not even the number one keeper for Betis.

Joel is a better keeper than Pickford.
giphy.gif

Well yes i'll give you that, but I meant more that he's not 'still learning' as in learning his trade. He's pretty experienced now, and it's quite funny to see people (the same ones in some instances) in here saying Pickfords only a baby and then in the Gueye thread saying get rid he's old. 4 1/2 years between them. Peak years don't last long do they?!
I reckon gk is a position where the peak age is often a bit older than with outfield players.

I reckon gk is a position where the peak age is often a bit older than with outfield players.
Yeah I don’t think that’s really the case anymore. It used to be seen that way, but most of the top keepers now are or were Pickford age or younger when performing at the highest level. The likes of hart and Lloris are now widely seen as on the decline at an age where traditionally they would have been seen as peaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.