The Crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do Frank, not gonna pretend I start them off or anything, but if the mood takes me I certainly join in.

Sadly theres not many to join in on the last few years.

I do only attend Home games these days.
The aways always good for singing for sure.

Already replied with this. We have more season ticket holders than Liverpool...

46% of their capacity are season ticket holders.
84% of our capacity are season ticket holders.

Why does one affect the other here though :oops: you could argue the season ticket holders at Liverpool are the ones actually making the noise?

84% is high but we’d cap it eventually IF we enjoy any kind of relative success/building of the brand worldwide. At the end of the day, season ticket holders aren’t good from a club’s commercial perspective but if we capped it at 50% now, would we still “fill Goodison?

Not sure you know, struggled to get 3 tickets together except for a lot of obstructrd views.

Think there will be a decent crowd Saturday

Ticket sales look good for such a game. I remember being there for 24,000 against Blackburn in the 3rd round, a lovely 4-1 defeat that day.

That’d make sense if the atmosphere wasn’t crap when we’re winning as well.

To what end though? Half the problem is that we know full well they’ll cock the next one up. They’re masters at winning games that don’t matter. We’ve all seen the 2-0 home win v bottom half premier league side in Feb/March once we’re out of every comp and safe in mid table. People can’t get excited about predictable mediocrity. Put a winning run together, win a derby, be challenging for Europe, if we did any of those things I’d bet every pound I own that the atmosphere would be absolutely bouncing. We won’t clap utter turd though. Never have never will.

We´ve had plenty of them haha. Have to admit I´d forgotten the result but just knew we´d got beat. 4-1 at home to Blackburn, ffs.

Far too many to recall mate, absolutely sick of it.

I remember 95 and Bristol City battered us and Jackson scored a cracker, I just had a gut feeling out name was on it. That QF against Newcastle and Goodison was absolutely rocking. Was boss cos in the Daily Post front page there was a big massive pic of a teenage kid running towards Dave Watson face beaming made up.... He was a Kopite who had bunked in the game, proper little glory hunter lol lol

To what end though? Half the problem is that we know full well they’ll cock the next one up. They’re masters at winning games that don’t matter. We’ve all seen the 2-0 home win v bottom half premier league side in Feb/March once we’re out of every comp and safe in mid table. People can’t get excited about predictable mediocrity. Put a winning run together, win a derby, be challenging for Europe, if we did any of those things I’d bet every pound I own that the atmosphere would be absolutely bouncing. We won’t clap utter turd though. Never have never will.

Are we actually capable of getting Goodison like that again though? There´s probably plenty who go the game now who haven´t had atmospheres like United when Ferguson scored the winner and Fiorentina.

Far too many to recall mate, absolutely sick of it.

I remember 95 and Bristol City battered us and Jackson scored a cracker, I just had a gut feeling out name was on it. That QF against Newcastle and Goodison was absolutely rocking. Was boss cos in the Daily Post front page there was a big massive pic of a teenage kid running towards Dave Watson face beaming made up.... He was a Kopite who had bunked in the game, proper little glory hunter lollol

Absolutely typical that was one year before I got into footy. Never seen any footage of that game but I can imagine it was absolutely bouncing that day, especially with Newcastle bringing their full allocation.

Absolutely typical that was one year before I got into footy. Never seen any footage of that game but I can imagine it was absolutely bouncing that day, especially with Newcastle bringing their full allocation.

Yeah they had a very good side then so it was a bloody good win that. Semi final was superb agaiant Spurs and of course the final but just the Bristol City game and the Newcastle ones stand out more during that run.

Our cup runs though are bloody League 1 standard they really are. Lincoln will be a tough game if we aren't at it from the off make no mistake, a half arsed Everton will grt knocked out.

Got to be right at them, early goal will do nicely.

Yeah they had a very good side then so it was a bloody good win that. Semi final was superb agaiant Spurs and of course the final but just the Bristol City game and the Newcastle ones stand out more during that run.

Our cup runs though are bloody League 1 standard they really are. Lincoln will be a tough game if we aren't at it from the off make no mistake, a half arsed Everton will grt knocked out.

Got to be right at them, early goal will do nicely.

I expect a lousy 2-0 win followed by a 4th round defeat by someone like West Ham. The Everton way.

Status
Not open for further replies.