Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on Everton, quicken up the passing, look busy, pressure them and chances will happen but you've got to want to make it happen.

Coasting through this 2nd half isn't an option if we are to get a result

Think Gomes could do with a rest in an upcoming game, looks knackered and won't be use to playing so often in such a short period, don't want to burn him out

Probably a plan to make him look poor so we can sign him on the cheap then insert the duracells

Doesn't negate the point - it's there for us to win.

We've been sloppy. Not abysmal.

We've not got it into feet in the final third enough. When we have we've created (half) chances. Definitely need to improve.

Kenny has played well, Gana too. Gomes has been sloppy, same for DCL, Walcott and Richarlison. Gylfi good when he's had the ball, hasn't had it enough.

Sloppy?? It’s been the same performance since the Derby. Half chance and no real threat

These haven’t turned up at all and half decent would have put these to bed after 20 mins

Walcott really hasn't been that bad.

I'd have Bernard on, but ultimately for me it has to be for DCL. Not because DCL is awful, or has been awful, but because Richarlison is better up front for this type of game.

I would agree, but our only offense is crossing from wide spots, think he's gotta stay, even if he isn't any good. Would be nice to have a bigger, better grock in this type of game.

We have got to get SIggy the ball more in the final third. He's the only that can score and make the killer pass. If he has to drop farther back, fine.

...tempo and build up is too slow, although Digne is getting loads of space on the left which needs to be exploited. Sadly, it’s the game everybody predicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.