Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenny is showing how far Coleman has fallen. He actually puts tackles in instead of Seamus back-pedalling Coleman, he also can put a cross in with genuine whip on them as apose to float.

Dreadful stuff. Unlike some on here I think there are no positives to be taken out of this performance. In a long list of abysmal performances this certainly ranks as one of Walcott’s worst. DCL is not up to it at this level.

He's not the central type either for me. All his goals early in the season came while operating on the left and drifting inside. His movement off the ball and ball retention has been poor. Same can me said about most of our team these past 3 years over all.

He scored three goals in two games mate. One was from a set piece. The other two were in the channel.

Every other goal he has scored this season has come from playing in a central position or from a set piece.

He's also better than our other central options.

Gomes has been off again, but he's been a step slow again when they have the ball, which is more disturbing.

Walcott..I mean, JonJoe hasn't been amazing, but Walcott has been awful.

Richarlison hasn't been a ton better.

We need to stop just giving it away, because they aren't going to flub EVERY counter. Gana is doing an amazing job of tracking back and covering for our fullbacks when they are pushed high, but he can't win everything.

Frankly, our crosses from both Digne and Kenny have been poor. Maybe that's due to the lack of a true target as DCL isn't really getting it done.

Sigurdsson has had 21 touches!!!! 21!!!

This is terrible from Silva once again.

They have 3 centre mids who are nice and tight stopped Gomes from doing anything and nullifying Siggy as one of them drops a bit deeper to stop him from playing in between the lines.

Then when we do get it out wide, it's so slow and we're not stretching them, instead we just cross it in for DCL against Evans and Maguire. Just clueless.

Loads of top players available in January is there Dave?
There are tbh. If you have the money and can offer the wages. We not going to be raiding a top team for their best player, but it's a global game and the players are there to be bought if we're interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.