Goats squad analysis thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would only bring in a GK if we shipped Stekelenburg out will need one in next 18 months but not priority for me

Full backs I agree give Seamus 6 more months if he gets out his slump bring someone in during summer loan out Kenny next season to get regular game time. If he can't be a regular at lower end Premier League team he's not good enough for us. If Seamus doesn't find form sell and buy new player keep Kenny as back up. Release Baines at end of season bring a new player in and loan Robinson unless they think he's ready as full time back up.

Centre Backs loan Holgate out as we have Jagielka as 4th choice. In the summer realease Jagielka maybe buy Zouma but I would prefer a left footed centre back who can cover left back. Think Joleon Lescott. I would have Holgate, Pennington or even Browning as 4th choice move the other 2 and Galloway on.

Defensive and Central Midfield I would sell McCarthy and Schneiderlin get in a back up who can play alongside both Gomes and Gueye as I feel either could play alongside Gomes but too similar to play alongside Gueye. I would loan out one of Davies or Baningime both if we brought Joe Williams back. He's had plenty of games now would be time to see if he can make it at higher level. Make Gomes a permanent as early as possible. In the summer the only addition would be someone if we don't get Gomes. If Williams good enough he can be 4th choice.

Attacking Midfield and Wingers I would loan out Dowell as he is desperately in need of an opportunity to play and try and impress. I would bring in a left footed winger preferably more comfortable on the right and play up front as well. Mirror image of Richarlison if you like. In the summer I would say keep Richarlison, Bernard and Walcott. I would also probably keep Sigurdsson but if offered £25-30 million would sell. The remaining 3 places would be between Vlasic, Onyekyru, Lookman and Dowell would keep them all if Sigurdsson sold.

Striker would ship out Niasse and Tosun and bring in a new first choice. If can't get both Tosun and Niasse loan DCL out. See how new striker goes if he is settled I would be happy with just this striker as DCL back up also Richarlison and hopefully new winger can play there so 4 players for one position ample as plenty if cover out wide.

Friends, Romans, kopites, lend me your ears!

And its the moment you have all been waiting for, the halftime review.

GK
Jordan Pickford
Maarten Stekelenburg
João Virginia

Still an issue, in a way, is Virginia good enough to step in if Pickford gets injured? Anyway, lets hope Pickford doesnt get injured in the next 6 months, im expecting no movement in this area.

RB
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny

Personally im not in the Anti-Coleman posse, I feel hes not quite the Seamus we know, but would be willing to give him another 6months in the hope he can get back to the level he was pre-injury. JJK is more than an able back up and this is another area I see no real movement in.

LB
Leighton Baines
Lucas Digne

The boy Luca is just superb, he really is, Baines is Baines, again, cant see much movement here.

CB
Yerry Mina
Kurt Zouma
Mason Holgate
Phil Jagielka
Michael Keane

Given the whispers, I suspect Holgate will be offered out on loan, probably the right thing, he needs games, I like the boy, hes young so hes not quite the finished product, but hes got potential and a little run out somewhere would be the best thing at this point. If possible I would be looking into retaining Zoooms, but that might be something we look at in the Summer. Again, bar Holgate I cant see much movement here.

DM/CM/AM
Morgan Schneiderlin
Idrissa Gueye
Beni Baningime
Tom Davies
James McCarthy
André Gomes
Gylfi Sigurðsson
Kieran Dowell

The engine room, where to start here? At the top I suppose. Rumours of slight injuries, but Morgan seems to be missing a lot of matchday squads, I cant imagine we wont be trying to offload him in this window. Personally, I think Gana is vital to how we want to play and would ideally like to see him retained. Given the other players I would be moving on, we probably need to keep Beni around, he ideally needs games at his age, but as I say, if theres "major" movement in this area, he would probably need to be kept around as cover. Same for TomTom.

I like McCarthy, at his best hes a very able, if not slightly limited DM, sadly hes had lots and lots of injuries over the last year or so and it would probably be prudent if we moved him on in this window. Not even gonna comment on Gomes, nada. SELL EVERYBODY TO KEEP HIM IF WE MUST. Iceland is Iceland, like an iceberg, prone to melt, but hes our iceberg. I would be very much looking to loan or even sell KOD(copyright @davek), defo needs games, not gonna get any here anytime soon.

Gana, TomTom, Gomes, Iceland, Beni would do us, I see no reason to purchase anybody in this window, other than of course Gomes.

Widers
Richarlison
Bernard
Theo Walcott
Ademola Lookman

Rico stays with the widers for now, but as we all know hes been playing up top quite a lot. Bernard I like, even if he isnt quite there yet, but im hopeful he can kick on at some point and show his quality more than the odd flash, same for Lookman, both players have magic, they just need to produce it more often. Walcott seems to be in a slight slump, but at his best hes a weapon that we can very much use. As for Ins, well we could probably do with a body here, possibly, given that ive "left" us a little light in the middle of the park it might be prudent to pick up an "attacker" of sort.

ST
Cenk Tosun
Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Oumar Niasse

SELL. Thats all ive got here, DCL we can possibly "work with", but the others 2 stink badly. We need 1 or probably 2 new Strikers, an impossible dream in a Winter window, but thats what we need.

Thanks for reading, tune in over the next 39? days and lets hope for multiple EDITS!

Shalom to all my fans.

:bye:

Status
Not open for further replies.