2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how a 'goal' that isn't conceded can be quantified.

He's let 22 goals in in 17 games. Which puts him bang average in the league.

Cos he has saved it?

Like, I am not a huge fan of stats, cos they so often produce a binary conclusion that your own eyes will doubt. But he is doing ok.

My issue with Pickford is that he does the spectacular save really well but then makes a schoolboy howler. That makes him unpredictable which might be a good quality for a striker but is a nightmare in a 'keeper!

My issue with Pickford is that he does the spectacular save really well but then makes a schoolboy howler. That makes him unpredictable which might be a good quality for a striker but is a nightmare in a 'keeper!
What howlers? One against Liverpool and he was at fault on the free kick at Wolves, but what howlers has he made?

How big are they then? I’d say we should be beating Huddersfield, West Ham, Newcastle and Watford at home. I know slip ups happen, but in FOUR games? It’s actually embarrassing.
Why should we? What gives us a right to beat them? Our history? Because that's all we've got going for us in late 2018. We've won nothing in years and we haven't been relevant as a club in almost thirty years. We haven't won a derby since 2010 and we haven't won one away since 1999. I can't remember the last time we won a game that REALLY mattered. But yeah, not beating West Ham, Watford, Huddesfield and Newcastle at home. That's embarrassing isn't it? Give me a break! EVERYTHING about the club is embarrassing these days. When anyone actually tries to really do somthing about it, the all-talk brigade never do anything. Rember the planned protest againt Martinez and the club planned for the Bournemouth game back in 15-16? I do because only me and about fifty other people bothered to showed up. As usual loads of our fanbase were all talk and no action. They'll rant and rave about a loss but do sweet FA about the real problems at the club. There's been a culture of cowardice and acceptance of mediocrity rooted at the very heart for decades. Should we talk about that? Nah let's all moan about not beating Newcastle, Watford, West Ham and Huddesfield instead!

@deipnosophist can you do the honours please.
giphy.gif

The ball was no where near him when it went into the goal.

The angle which he had to shoot was narrow anyway, should of stayed on his line, or come out and got closer to the player.

He was in no man's land
lol It was pretty much on the angle off the 6 yard box,a yard out maybe,if he doesnt come out a certain goal anyway,if he stays on the line people say why is he not running out to try and block it that is basically it-no mans land lol

Status
Not open for further replies.