Match Thread Manchester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poor performance with a lack of heart. We looked beaten when we walked out. Totally different from Chelsea when the attitude was right. City are quality and didn't ecpect to win but want effort and commitment.
Don't think any of them deserved MOTM.

Poor performance with a lack of heart. We looked beaten when we walked out. Totally different from Chelsea when the attitude was right. City are quality and didn't ecpect to win but want effort and commitment.
Don't think any of them deserved MOTM.

A poor performance yet we created three great chances.

If our finishing had been better all season, we're top four.

That last minute goal at The Pit has just sucked the whole life out of our season.

Both the players and the fans have gone into a funk of depression brought on by the fatalism of it all.

FWIW little Bernard was my MVP.

He works tirelessly and carries the ball forward.

Zouma and Keane were good, I thought......but the fact two small men scored from free headers in the box rules them out of the running for me.

A dismal day, a dismal game,

With one saving grace.....at least the RS are off the top :)

Everything was wrong at the back today, no communication, positional play all over the gaff, it needed one of our 3 centre halfs to get a grip of the other 2 and show a bit of leadership and sort it out, failure on all counts.
Teams generally look less assured when playing away to the best team in the league. They won't lose at home this season.

Never expected us to win. Did expect us to look like we belonged in the same league. We did not.

Indeed.

I said the other day in the lead up that today’s game had more of a “knife to a gunfight” feel to it than the game when Moyes made that comment.

And that’s how it looked out there on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.