2018/19 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ar-Michael-Keane-reveals-low-leave-house.html

Everton defender Michael Keane has revealed that he couldn't leave his house during the darkest days of last season.

Keane is back in the England squad following an excellent start to the season at Goodison Park. But it has been quite a journey back to the international set-up.

Speaking openly, Keane confessed to going through inner turmoil as a result of his poor form, which drew criticism from fans following his £25million move from Burnley and Everton's below-par campaign.

The 25-year-old also revealed he felt guilty when Everton manager Ronald Koeman was sacked just two months into the season.

'There were a few months when things were going really badly and I did not really want to go and do things out of the house,' said Keane. 'It is really sad when managers get sacked and they talk to you for the last time and you see how upset they are.

'We had three managers in the end and it was difficult — all the change constantly happening.'

Keane paid tribute to Everton chairman Bill Kenwright for helping him through a rocky period in his life.

'He (Kenwright) called me two or three times at the low points when people were saying what they were saying about me, because I wasn't playing well and the team weren't playing well,' he said.

'But Bill told me how much he believed in me and to keep working hard and that he had faith that I could become one of the greats of the club.'

Makes me all the more glad he's back to his best, like he showed in his first few matches for us. With a solid partner, whether that be Mina or Zouma, for a couple years I think he will become one of the best defenders in the England team.

I think he was a very selfish owner, there would have been multiple times when people could have invested in us with him, but he always wanted it to himself...

He's finding it hard even now to let go the bad ted

Of this i have no doubt, which is why its a good thing he hung on until the right man came along at the right time to take us forward, he easily could of got hoodwinked by a shyster but he made sure he did the right thing playing the long game

Anyway gone too off topic, partly my fault, back on track, Keane is boss now and SIlva is doing a great job with a player who he didnt bring in under his watch, so extra kudos for that

Didnt have one tho did he, again cant fault him for that, besides no one else was going to take us of Johnsons hands
Gregg was ready and waiting to take us to Kings Dock, but Kenwright wouldn’t let go. Someone would have also taken us the year we got 4th.

He held us back for years. The day he’s out of the club for good, will be the day this club truly kicks on.

Good on him for coming out with this stuff. I suppose that shows the difference in demand from a bigger club when a player moves upwards.

Good article its as i expected the inconsistency and constant turnover last year had a massive undermining effect on many players, particularly those new to the club.

Shows the value of not making snap judgement over all.

Always rated Keane, glad hes doing well.

Still feel people dont warm to him for some reason, still plenty of headroom for development.

Gregg was ready and waiting to take us to Kings Dock, but Kenwright wouldn’t let go. Someone would have also taken us the year we got 4th.

He held us back for years. The day he’s out of the club for good, will be the day this club truly kicks on.

That is correct but BK would not let go. I believe Gregg with his business acumen would have found the funding that BK could not. Just think if this had happened where the club would be now.

Status
Not open for further replies.