2018/19 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just wish he didn’t have an octagonal skull and could head forwards the opposing goal

i think he needs to convert 1 and then they may come a little easier. he is so good defensively in the air and in attack he gets in the right positions...

...I get the impression Silva is as surprised at me with his turnaround in form. Silva said he is unrecognisable from the player who started the season. Without detracting from him, i’m sure it’s helped that Zouma has the qualities that Keane lacks.

I think Zouma/Mina is the best pairing and i’m sure Silva planned the same but Keane has given the manager a selection headache. Well done to him.

Although he's much better than last season (which to be honest wasn't difficult...) I'm still not totally convinced on Keane...his positioning, passing ability, booting it long... is all suspect for me

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ar-Michael-Keane-reveals-low-leave-house.html

Everton defender Michael Keane has revealed that he couldn't leave his house during the darkest days of last season.

Keane is back in the England squad following an excellent start to the season at Goodison Park. But it has been quite a journey back to the international set-up.

Speaking openly, Keane confessed to going through inner turmoil as a result of his poor form, which drew criticism from fans following his £25million move from Burnley and Everton's below-par campaign.

The 25-year-old also revealed he felt guilty when Everton manager Ronald Koeman was sacked just two months into the season.

'There were a few months when things were going really badly and I did not really want to go and do things out of the house,' said Keane. 'It is really sad when managers get sacked and they talk to you for the last time and you see how upset they are.

'We had three managers in the end and it was difficult — all the change constantly happening.'

Keane paid tribute to Everton chairman Bill Kenwright for helping him through a rocky period in his life.

'He (Kenwright) called me two or three times at the low points when people were saying what they were saying about me, because I wasn't playing well and the team weren't playing well,' he said.

'But Bill told me how much he believed in me and to keep working hard and that he had faith that I could become one of the greats of the club.'

I know there are two "churches" where Bill is concerned. I hover between them myself. It is stuff like this that makes me believe in the Blue Bill one.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ar-Michael-Keane-reveals-low-leave-house.html

Everton defender Michael Keane has revealed that he couldn't leave his house during the darkest days of last season.

Keane is back in the England squad following an excellent start to the season at Goodison Park. But it has been quite a journey back to the international set-up.

Speaking openly, Keane confessed to going through inner turmoil as a result of his poor form, which drew criticism from fans following his £25million move from Burnley and Everton's below-par campaign.

The 25-year-old also revealed he felt guilty when Everton manager Ronald Koeman was sacked just two months into the season.

'There were a few months when things were going really badly and I did not really want to go and do things out of the house,' said Keane. 'It is really sad when managers get sacked and they talk to you for the last time and you see how upset they are.

'We had three managers in the end and it was difficult — all the change constantly happening.'

Keane paid tribute to Everton chairman Bill Kenwright for helping him through a rocky period in his life.

'He (Kenwright) called me two or three times at the low points when people were saying what they were saying about me, because I wasn't playing well and the team weren't playing well,' he said.

'But Bill told me how much he believed in me and to keep working hard and that he had faith that I could become one of the greats of the club.'

The turn around in Michael Keane has been the best part of this season imo.

He is a completely different player and that is huge credit to Marco and everyone involved at the club. Credit to Michael too for putting a very challenging 12 months behind him.

I wish him every success.

Status
Not open for further replies.