Henry Onyekuru

Status
Not open for further replies.
But anyway, I think playing the champs league and regularly is much more beneficial to us than if he was here. Look how little minutes lookman is getting, Onyekuru wouldn't be getting much here this season.

Incredibly frustrating
It does go further than that though.

There is an 'exceptions' panel, which is somewhat self explanatory.

Goes into a lot of minor details factoring in a few things such as; transfer fee and wages, playing in group stage or higher of a continental cup comp and achieving at least 30% of minutes, playing 30% or more minutes in a top league.

In short, they are looking to make exceptions for talents who will 'make a significant contribution to the development of football at the highest level within the UK'

It does go further than that though.

There is an 'exceptions' panel, which is somewhat self explanatory.

Goes into a lot of minor details factoring in a few things such as; transfer fee and wages, playing in group stage or higher of a continental cup comp and achieving at least 30% of minutes, playing 30% or more minutes in a top league.

In short, they are looking to make exceptions for talents who will 'make a significant contribution to the development of football at the highest level within the UK'
I reckon he’d qualify

What makes people think that Onyekuru will be different to Walsh/Koeman's other signings?

Genuine question cause I have never even seen him kick a ball.

What makes people think that Onyekuru will be different to Walsh/Koeman's other signings?

To be fair to Walsh his 3 best signings were all young under the radar signings
Lookman done bits for us but highly rated at Leipzig
Henry done well in his 2 loans so far and playing CL
Vlasic doing well in Russia and playing in CL

To be fair to Walsh his 3 best signings were all young under the radar signings
Lookman done bits for us but highly rated at Leipzig
Henry done well in his 2 loans so far and playing CL
Vlasic doing well in Russia and playing in CL

That's what his reputation was based on. Should never have been given such a war chest.

History shows these foreign players we buy and loan back never see any first team action. I actually forgot about Onyekuru as I don’t ever spect to see him, if we do it’s a bonus. I’m still waiting to see the kazakhbekistan kid that won there countries football version of X factor. He was another superstar apparently.

History shows these foreign players we buy and loan back never see any first team action. I actually forgot about Onyekuru as I don’t ever spect to see him, if we do it’s a bonus. I’m still waiting to see the kazakhbekistan kid that won there countries football version of X factor. He was another superstar apparently.

What history, how many players have we had in this situation previously?

What history, how many players have we had in this situation previously?
I can only only think of that Swiss lad that kept going back and forward till we eventually released him
Highly rated when he signed but a bit of a dud although if memory serves me right he had a couple of injuries
Don’t remember too many lads we had out on loan playing CL games.
If Henry gets his work permit he will definitely be back to stay
2 reasons
We need pacy players who can score goals
He knows if he wants the really big money and moves then the PL is the place to prove yourself
I’d hold out more hope for him making it here than Lookman or Vlasic
Lookman to me hasn’t got the heart or desire to play for us anymore and maybe his head has been turned by Leipzig
If we can get 30 m out of them for him I’d take it
Vlasic has the potential but doesn’t seem to have the patience to bide his time to get a game with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.