Henry Onyekuru

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely he must be worth £20mil now? Signed for £7mil so its a great deal on the surface.

Lightening pace but havent seen him do anything other then score tap ins.

Think Silva prefers players who can keep hold of the ball but i may be wrong + its good to have a mix.

Not sure how he will get on the left flank ahead of richarlison and bernard though...

Surely he must be worth £20mil now? Signed for £7mil so its a great deal on the surface.

Lightening pace but havent seen him do anything other then score tap ins.

Think Silva prefers players who can keep hold of the ball but i may be wrong + its good to have a mix.

Not sure how he will get on the left flank ahead of richarlison and bernard though...

I am a Gala fan and wanted to chime in after seeing this post. I hope this will be helpful as I am sure none of you watch the Turkish League (I don’t blame you). I have watched all games of Gala so far this season and here is my impression of him.

Onyekuru has been subpar to say the least. His finishing is average at best. He doesn’t even know how to best position his body to take effective shots. One good example of this is 2 or 3 games ago he ran with the ball from the left side and was one on one with the keeper. He tried to shoot with inside of his right foot to the far post while the ball was positioned right in the middle of his both feet. 90% of the time that ball will go straight to the keeper due to poor positioning and it did. Obviously one example is not enough and there weren’t too many very similar incidents but I have seen him not position his body properly while shooting before. He is just not ready and needs to work on many aspects of his technique. His first touch is poor. His passing is poor. Therefore, I don’t see him playing in the premier league anytime soon. He has to improve his technique immensely to play there. Even Turkish league defenders are disposessing him off the ball easily. Imagine the physical and fast paced defenders that play in The PL... he would struggle so much. I really struggle to believe how he would be worth 20 million right now.

On the positive side, he is quite fast. If he catches a defender on one on one in a wide area, he is a lot more likely to pass him and score. However every time the defense closes down the space, he struggles big time.

I think he could be a good player. Unfortunately he has to work really hard to get there.

Final note: if Onyekuru is worth 20 million, Richardson would be 200 million. What a player you guys have...

I am a Gala fan and wanted to chime in after seeing this post. I hope this will be helpful as I am sure none of you watch the Turkish League (I don’t blame you). I have watched all games of Gala so far this season and here is my impression of him.

Onyekuru has been subpar to say the least. His finishing is average at best. He doesn’t even know how to best position his body to take effective shots. One good example of this is 2 or 3 games ago he ran with the ball from the left side and was one on one with the keeper. He tried to shoot with inside of his right foot to the far post while the ball was positioned right in the middle of his both feet. 90% of the time that ball will go straight to the keeper due to poor positioning and it did. Obviously one example is not enough and there weren’t too many very similar incidents but I have seen him not position his body properly while shooting before. He is just not ready and needs to work on many aspects of his technique. His first touch is poor. His passing is poor. Therefore, I don’t see him playing in the premier league anytime soon. He has to improve his technique immensely to play there. Even Turkish league defenders are disposessing him off the ball easily. Imagine the physical and fast paced defenders that play in The PL... he would struggle so much. I really struggle to believe how he would be worth 20 million right now.

On the positive side, he is quite fast. If he catches a defender on one on one in a wide area, he is a lot more likely to pass him and score. However every time the defense closes down the space, he struggles big time.

I think he could be a good player. Unfortunately he has to work really hard to get there.

Final note: if Onyekuru is worth 20 million, Richardson would be 200 million. What a player you guys have...

We bought him for £7mil so surely he has to be worth a fair bit more now...

Quite happily sell you Niasse and Tosun.

Who are the best players in Turkey these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.