Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
A midget that can't play in the cold and a championship striker that's just gone for nearly £30m?

Wouldn't be my top targets for January and hopefully neither will they be brands.
Mitrovic is okay like, but probably too similar to Cenk I’d rather a pacey hard working forward come in. Then we’d have the right blend I feel.
New pacey striker (Werner etc) Cenk then niasse or DCL.

Then the next stage would be improving on Cenk, DCL and niasse over the next few transfer windows.

As for central midfield I’d be happy with seri, Ramsay etc. We lack some pace and power as well as creativity from the midfield aswell since Barkley left. So that Docoure from Watford would be worth a look at, we would probably pay Our tapping up fee for Silva back then haha

Malcolm at Barca, only made 2 sub appearances...rumoured that the manager didnt want him and may be available in jan.

So says Read Everton.

Wishfull thinking perhaps but sometimes dreams come true.

I want all the Brazilians

Bernard richalison Malcom front 3

Everyone complains about Cenk but it is so tough to find someone we could both attract and have improve us. Milik is the one I think would work best but who knows. The options are basically similar to what we got with Cenk in players who are in their prime and looking to step up or similar to DCL in a young striker trying to improve and establish themselves. Rom was the second type which worked well but I doubt we ever find someone with a similar pedigree at that age.
I disagree, I think we can attract a top striker. The premier is a big pull and we can pay the wages.

Couple of names mentioned, Werner would he go to Bayern to sit on the bench? And would probably be on the bench for the top 6, maybe Chelsea is the one team lacking a bit at centre forward.

Or Gómez from Celta Vigo, would be on the bench for the big 3 in Spain. Don’t get me wrong it wouldn’t be easy to get these players, but not impossible imo.
The lad from Italy who scored loads, the year before last. Belloti? I’m sure he’s still at the same club.

Probably a few other strikers, that some on here could also add to them 3.

I think the bloke at Toffee Tv has got it right.

Play Gueye as the Defensive Midfielder behind/alongside Siggi and Bernard plays as a no. 10.

Up-front Walcott, Tosun and Richarlison.

Bernard has played there loadsa times and is a clever, busy, talented player. EFC play a slow, unproductive style and
Bernard is a bloke with a pass and a quick style who takes on players.

Flog Morgan as quick as you can and pray that Gomes is as good as we hope he is. Davies on the bench and as for Dominic..
I have no answer. He is a definite maybe...

I like Serri, but Mitrovic is just wasting 20mil+ on another average forward. We need to break the bank fir the next striker we buy imo.

It's not about 'breaking the bank'.

We could bid £60m for Cavani, for example, but he'll be 32 and would want massive wages to even consider joining us.

Basically, we aren't in a position that spending big guarantees a success, because 30 goal per-season strikers are already at the top clubs.

So, we can spend big by all means, but it either has to be on a top club cast off, and hope we strike gold like we did with Rom, or on a young prospect like Maxi Gomez (but that brings its own risks).

The other option is to try and get someone in their prime from a second-tier club, like Rodrigo from Valencia, but again, that doesn't guarantee anything.

I disagree, I think we can attract a top striker. The premier is a big pull and we can pay the wages.

Couple of names mentioned, Werner would he go to Bayern to sit on the bench? And would probably be on the bench for the top 6, maybe Chelsea is the one team lacking a bit at centre forward.

Or Gómez from Celta Vigo, would be on the bench for the big 3 in Spain. Don’t get me wrong it wouldn’t be easy to get these players, but not impossible imo.
The lad from Italy who scored loads, the year before last. Belloti? I’m sure he’s still at the same club.

Probably a few other strikers, that some on here could also add to them 3.

Werner and Gomez don't guarantee success.

Belotti is a cracking player but his release clause is £100m.

Again, all of these are realistic options but none of them are what I'd call 'top' strikers.

They're all in that second-tier which is reasonable for us to attract, but they wouldn't be a 100% guaranteed success.

So our left side is ok now at last.

Next important positions to fill.

Striker is a must and we must pay for quality this time round.

CM
Dennis geiger
Ndombele
Golovin

We could do with a new right winger as well
Suso
Inaki williams

That the three positions i want filled next.

CM
Dennis geiger
Ndombele
Golovin

Suso
Inaki williams

striker is gonna be very difficult, look how much morata cost and he hardly scores!

I think the bloke at Toffee Tv has got it right.

Play Gueye as the Defensive Midfielder behind/alongside Siggi and Bernard plays as a no. 10.

Up-front Walcott, Tosun and Richarlison.

Bernard has played there loadsa times and is a clever, busy, talented player. EFC play a slow, unproductive style and
Bernard is a bloke with a pass and a quick style who takes on players.

Flog Morgan as quick as you can and pray that Gomes is as good as we hope he is. Davies on the bench and as for Dominic..
I have no answer. He is a definite maybe...

Why though?

Gylfi isn't a cm, I don't know why Baz seems to think it's the way to go.

Play Gyfli at CM and it takes away what he's good at.

CM
Dennis geiger
Ndombele
Golovin

Suso
Inaki williams

Williams has signed a seven-year deal at Bilbao or something, doubt it'd happen.

Golovin has only just moved to Monaco. Ndombele, maybe, maybe, next summer, but I imagine he'll have a pick of most big clubs.

It's a shame RB Leipzig are a bunch of skidmarks otherwise i'd like to see us go for Werner. They'd never sell to us though.

He's a player that thrives on space behind but when he doesn't have it is actually rather limited.

An excellent finisher but I think we need someone with physicality and pace up there, not one or the other.

They might if we put Lookman and a few quid on the table
All depends on how highly Brands and Silva rate Lookman
they put their foot down in the summer despite him seemingly trying to force a move. Talent wise there is no doubt they want to keep him but his attitude over the next few months may change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.