Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lookman has only ever played on the right for us.

Kenny wont be taking Colemans place anytime soon Zat.

Coleman hasnt hit his normal standard yet this season but hes 10 times the player JJK is, maybe in a year or 2 if JJK kicks on, maybe.

DM/CM/ST are our main priorities IMO.

Maybe Summer 2020 we can address our other issues.

Think CM could - for now at least - be filled by Gomes, and maybe J-Mac if he stays fit (big if)

Zatman has mentioned the need for a deep playmaker and I think that's a shout, depending how Silva wants to play. Morgs will need to be punted for this imo.

A striker is deffo numero uno

Think CM could - for now at least - be filled by Gomes, and maybe J-Mac if he stays fit (big if)

Zatman has mentioned the need for a deep playmaker and I think that's a shout, depending how Silva wants to play. Morgs will need to be punted for this imo.

Any plan that gets that absolute passenger punted, than im 100% behind it

I agree we need to build a right side for the future but Coleman is still really good and Walcott has 2 goals and 2 assists so far which is pretty solid for 7 games.

That Polish guy from Genoa is interesting. He probably is over performing right now but that doesn't mean he isn't good. I personally like Milik a lot and if he gets inconsistent time at Napoli I'd like us to try for him.

Any plan that gets that absolute passenger punted, than im 100% behind it

There was a bit where he came on yesterday and had the chance to play a forward pass.

There wasn't a genuine necessity for it, but Bernard had made good dart into space and the pass wouldn't have been too difficult, Schneiderlin just needed to shift his body slightly to create an angle and get it off.

He hesitated and went sideways to one of the defenders. Groans went up, but we were 3-0 up and nobody really cared. Schneiderlin held his hand up in apology because he knew he could have done it.

It definitely started as a confidence thing this time last year, then it became lazy and now I think he's just stuck in the rut.

Jan - May 2017 Schneiderlin was superb, and exactly what this side would need right now. That being said, he also had Ross operating in a free role (a lot of time from the right) to get back and drive with the ball if needed. We don't have that now, and that means Schneiderlin's pretty negated.

The lads on the Blueroom were saying yesterday they would have thought Schneiderlin to be a better fit for the game than Davies as we'd see more of the ball. Nonsense, we see plenty of the ball in most games we play. Davies gets a lot of stick, some of it justified some of it not, but what he always does is try to move the ball on quickly into the forwards. Schneiderlin doesn't do that.

There was a bit where he came on yesterday and had the chance to play a forward pass.

There wasn't a genuine necessity for it, but Bernard had made good dart into space and the pass wouldn't have been too difficult, Schneiderlin just needed to shift his body slightly to create an angle and get it off.

He hesitated and went sideways to one of the defenders. Groans went up, but we were 3-0 up and nobody really cared. Schneiderlin held his hand up in apology because he knew he could have done it.

It definitely started as a confidence thing this time last year, then it became lazy and now I think he's just stuck in the rut.

Jan - May 2017 Schneiderlin was superb, and exactly what this side would need right now. That being said, he also had Ross operating in a free role (a lot of time from the right) to get back and drive with the ball if needed. We don't have that now, and that means Schneiderlin's pretty negated.

The lads on the Blueroom were saying yesterday they would have thought Schneiderlin to be a better fit for the game than Davies as we'd see more of the ball. Nonsense, we see plenty of the ball in most games we play. Davies gets a lot of stick, some of it justified some of it not, but what he always does is try to move the ball on quickly into the forwards. Schneiderlin doesn't do that.

I agree with most of that lot bud!
I was really suprised by the blueroom comments re: schneiderlin needs to get back in the team.
When MS comes in it makes gana play furthar forward which is never a good thing.
No coincidence gana has been great the last 2 games without him.

Also agree that right now as it stands davies is a better fit for that central midfield position, but at 20 years of age we shouldnt be relying on the lad and hopefully gomes can come in and do mad tings.
If not look for something in january/the summer.

I like Mitrovic, but I don't think he's the sort of player we should aspire to sign.

I'm fairly happy with Cenk upfront, but if we find ourselves in a good position come January - we should probably look at bringing in a top-top-quality forward to show that we're serious about contending for those European places.

1) McCarthy cannot stay fit. He's not part of the solution and never will be.
2) Agree Schneiderlin should leave. Gana plays better without him.

We can only hope Gomes has an impact when he finally plays, but we definitely have some dross in midfield to get rid of. Shift JM and MS, bid for Ramsey.

I agree we need to build a right side for the future but Coleman is still really good and Walcott has 2 goals and 2 assists so far which is pretty solid for 7 games.

That Polish guy from Genoa is interesting. He probably is over performing right now but that doesn't mean he isn't good. I personally like Milik a lot and if he gets inconsistent time at Napoli I'd like us to try for him.
Milik is a very good shout touted as the replacement for Lewandowski for Poland when he retires I believe.

Milik is a very good shout touted as the replacement for Lewandowski for Poland when he retires I believe.
Everyone complains about Cenk but it is so tough to find someone we could both attract and have improve us. Milik is the one I think would work best but who knows. The options are basically similar to what we got with Cenk in players who are in their prime and looking to step up or similar to DCL in a young striker trying to improve and establish themselves. Rom was the second type which worked well but I doubt we ever find someone with a similar pedigree at that age.

Everyone complains about Cenk but it is so tough to find someone we could both attract and have improve us. Milik is the one I think would work best but who knows. The options are basically similar to what we got with Cenk in players who are in their prime and looking to step up or similar to DCL in a young striker trying to improve and establish themselves. Rom was the second type which worked well but I doubt we ever find someone with a similar pedigree at that age.
I Totally agree, Werner from Leipzig would be my dream signing, unfortunately the red shower are looking at him and I can see him choosing to go there, with Klopp being there ☹️

I Totally agree, Werner from Leipzig would be my dream signing, unfortunately the red shower are looking at him and I can see him choosing to go there, with Klopp being there ☹️
Any top German player screams Bayern so that would probably be an option if he waits around awhile and wants to go. He also has only missed chances when I've watched him which is frustrating cause he seems talented.

Status
Not open for further replies.