2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friendly reminder that, along with Rooney, he was involved in the most goals for us last season with 15 in total (8 goals, 7 assists) despite starting the season as a 20 year old striker.

This boy will be very, very good. If he can fine-tune his finishing we'll have the whole package up top.

I was suprised by how much he had bulked up over the summer and that was essential if he is going to play central.

As others have said he was ok in possession but his positioning for the 1st and finish for his 2nd were very good.

Good signs for the future.

This boy will be very, very good. If he can fine-tune his finishing we'll have the whole package up top.
Is this an english thing? The only place I see men talk about other grown men as if they were young children is british based tv/internet. Its weird.
He can drink, drive, make kiddies and go to war, Id say that classify him as a man.

(I dont agree tho, he’s terrible)

Is this an english thing? The only place I see men talk about other grown men as if they were young children is british based tv/internet. Its weird.
He can drink, drive, make kiddies and go to war, Id say that classify him as a man.

(I dont agree tho, he’s terrible)

Yes it’s an English thing. Don’t read too much into it mate.

..I wonder if he’ll be a better fit than Tosun for the way Silva wants to play, especially away from home. He’ll provide more of a physical presence, he can run the channels better, is a threat getting in behind, is better aerially with his back to goal, and has the pace to keep up with Walcott and Richarlison when they break.

Nowhere as good a finisher but he could force his way into the starting line up.

Unusually for him his game was a complete role reversal from his usual one. His finishing and positioning were both excellent whilst his technique and general play were quite poor. Normally he’s sound technically but cant hit a barn door.

..I wonder if he’ll be a better fit than Tosun for the way Silva wants to play, especially away from home. He’ll provide more of a physical presence, he can run the channels better, is a threat getting in behind, is better aerially with his back to goal, and has the pace to keep up with Walcott and Richarlison when they break.

Nowhere as good a finisher but he could force his way into the starting line up.
He's not a patch on tosun, all he's got over him is more pace but the Turk is far superior in every aspect of the game

If he keeps working hard and taking the chances he gets, then DCL could provide the pressure needed to get Tosun scoring. Cenk works hard, but he needs a goal or two... hopefully, if selected on Saturday, the porous Huddersfield defence will oblige by opening like the Red Sea for Moses ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.