2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
..I wonder if he’ll be a better fit than Tosun for the way Silva wants to play, especially away from home. He’ll provide more of a physical presence, he can run the channels better, is a threat getting in behind, is better aerially with his back to goal, and has the pace to keep up with Walcott and Richarlison when they break.

Nowhere as good a finisher but he could force his way into the starting line up.
Think Tosun is by far the better option at the moment at home, especially against teams that park the bus. But I've no doubt DCLs pace in certain away games will be an extra asset. He has the ability to play on the shoulder and run the channels better. I can certainly see Silva mixing it up.

Are people really considering DCL-Tosun swap just because he scored two goals at home against the side which couple months ago played in the League One? DCL is not even close to the level of tired Tosun after 70/80 minutes of the game and you could clearly observe how immediately our quality in front drops after Tosun gets substituted by DCL.

Cenk didn't score in the first three games of the season but: 1. He works really hard for the team, produces chances and already got two assists 2. How many chances to clearly shoot on goal did he have? 3. Remember that we were playing two freaking away games with 10 men from the 40th minute (to be honest last two games we were playing with 10/9 men as it was hard to classify Davies as an actual player on the pitch). So he was basically without the delivery, alone in the front and in both games, he somehow managed to create goal scoring opportunities for Richarlison and Walcott. Just create Cenk even the slightest chance from the acute angle and he will score, it's simple as that.

Sometimes I think that most people here are some lunatics whose not even watch the games, not so long ago there have been quite an amount of experts shouting to drop Walcott for Lookman and Theo turned out to be our best player so far.

Think Tosun is by far the better option at the moment at home, especially against teams that park the bus. But I've no doubt DCLs pace in certain away games will be an extra asset. He has the ability to play on the shoulder and run the channels better. I can certainly see Silva mixing it up.

Most defenders would rather play against Tosun, he is not very quick and doesn’t have much movement and never seems to be in the 6 yard box and during build up spends most of the time out of the area. Niasse and DCL seem to be impact players, we definitely need a better forward to progress. I can see this being a very tight league outside the top 6 this season.

Holy moly, I've just watched the highlights from the yesterday game. In the first goal he wasn't even covered by the defenders and in the second he had like 4-5 seconds to properly set his body and feet before taking a shot. First situation won't probably ever happen in the Premier League and if it does then basically Hibbert would even score it, in the second he probably would lost the ball half the second after his first touch. Drop the Tosun Paşa right now, the prodigy child has been born.

Holy moly, I've just watched the highlights from the yesterday game. In the first goal he wasn't even covered by the defenders and in the second he had like 4-5 seconds to properly set his body and feet before taking a shot. First situation won't probably ever happen in the Premier League and if it does then basically Hibbert would even score it, in the second he probably would lost the ball half the second after his first touch. Drop the Tosun Paşa right now, the prodigy child has been born.

Good try mate, needs more dragons I reckon.

Did hunky Dom spurn your advances recently? At least post on another thread sometime lol

I just don't get what me posting or not posting in the other threads have to do with the argumentation I presented here. Instead of entering the discussion you prefer to just fart at someone who tries to justify his statement with some arguments. What kind of posts would you like to see from me on the other threads? Shall I be a typical GoT user who posts "sell, piss poor" on the player threads after every lost game or you prefer something else?

Btw, scroll back like 10 pages of this threads and you will probably see slagging posts about DCL from the same people who now wants to swap him for Tosun in the first squad.

Bet you were absolutely fuming when he scored them goals

4-5 seconds? Do you know how long a second is?

Nope, I'm really glad he scored two goals yesterday, why would I be fuming? I just do not understand the sudden excitement about him after one game against League One quality side and the whole anti-Tosun agenda. I really want DCL to succeed in Everton, I appreciate his determination, he probably gives his best every game but based on his performances and statistics so far I do not think he is even close to the Premier League level and he also shows no signs of progress. I think the best option for him would be the loan to the club being in the middle of the Championship to check if he can do what he did yesterday on regular basis. If he is really good then it's a win-win situation for him, he boosts his confidence and gains a lot of valuable experience and game time. Right now he has worse PL scoring record than James Vaughan back in the day while Vaughan played less than half of DCL game time (I provided some stats few pages earlier).
And I apologise for the "4-5 seconds", there were exactly 3 from the moment of Tom pass, three seconds and ton of a space, lovely goal and I would be first to scream in ecstasy if he would score such beauty in the incomings PL fixtures but he wouldn't probably have half of the space and time during the PL match to do that.

Are people really considering DCL-Tosun swap just because he scored two goals at home against the side which couple months ago played in the League One? DCL is not even close to the level of tired Tosun after 70/80 minutes of the game and you could clearly observe how immediately our quality in front drops after Tosun gets substituted by DCL.

Cenk didn't score in the first three games of the season but: 1. He works really hard for the team, produces chances and already got two assists 2. How many chances to clearly shoot on goal did he have? 3. Remember that we were playing two freaking away games with 10 men from the 40th minute (to be honest last two games we were playing with 10/9 men as it was hard to classify Davies as an actual player on the pitch). So he was basically without the delivery, alone in the front and in both games, he somehow managed to create goal scoring opportunities for Richarlison and Walcott. Just create Cenk even the slightest chance from the acute angle and he will score, it's simple as that.

Sometimes I think that most people here are some lunatics whose not even watch the games, not so long ago there have been quite an amount of experts shouting to drop Walcott for Lookman and Theo turned out to be our best player so far.
Behave lad. Nobody on here is suggesting that DCL should become first choice striker. Just that he may be more suited to start ahead of Tosun in some of our away games when we are likely to be playing on the break, and that Silva may mix it up a bit in some games. Plus with a bit of competition he'll need to up his own game.

Status
Not open for further replies.