Match Thread Bournemouth vs Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats a bit bold

last season we were terrible

we can't expect miracles straight away

our away record has been dreadful

expecting 7 points means your expecting us to win at least 1 of the first 2 away games

we can't just click our fingers and expect instantaneous results

hopefully we are building something long term now
Expecting wins against Wolves and Bournemouth isn’t far fetched, though, is it?

Sooner or later, we have to realise that we’ve got an expensively assembled squad and start demanding results.

We’ve had a very average start to the season and conceding 5 goals, against the teams we have, is concerning.

Do you reckon the referee gave the penalty against Baines after not giving the one where Holgate shoved Wilson in the back? I would say the Holgate one was more blatant.

i think he gave it because of the crowd and the fact we were already 2-0 up, it was very soft but naive by baines as well

holgate could have been a pen but because he got his shot away i dont think the ref was too keen to give a pen, plus his linesman didn't flag for the foul / push

coleman should have had a pen when he got hacked whilst trying to cross the ball, that was blatant and completely missed by the officials

Sooner or later, we have to realise that we’ve got an expensively assembled squad and start demanding results.

We’ve had a very average start to the season and conceding 5 goals, against the teams we have, is concerning.

100% this.

Last season we underachieved and have invested large sums again this summer.

If we dont expect away wins against the likes of Bournemouth then we may aswell give up now.

Huddersfield and West Ham have now become must win games - anything less and it's been a poor start to the season in terms of our easy fixture list.

why doesnt coleman run up to the ref or linesman after the tackle?

why aren't his teammates appealing it?

im sick of the timidness in this squad

we need to start kicking up a fuss at the way we are treated

2 red cards against us, soft pens given against us, blatent pens not give for us

it is ridiculous

stand up and be counted

This is what i liked about Steven Naismith, always willing to pipe up, not just to stick up for himself but other Everton players as well, we need that or we just get walked over, how many times did Gerrard talk a ref into booking a player? Our captain should be doing that

i think he gave it because of the crowd and the fact we were already 2-0 up, it was very soft but naive by baines as well

holgate could have been a pen but because he got his shot away i dont think the ref was too keen to give a pen, plus his linesman didn't flag for the foul / push

coleman should have had a pen when he got hacked whilst trying to cross the ball, that was blatant and completely missed by the officials
Always weird how many of those Coleman type ones aren't given purely because of where they take place. A foul is a foul no matter where it takes place.

Unless Marco ditches that pointless zonal marking he won't solve it, 4 out of the 5 we've let in have been set pieces, players have no idea what they are supposed to be doing, we are currently worse at defending set pieces than we were under Martinez who admitted that we didn't even practise defending set plays.
Stand between an opposing player and the goal. Stop him from getting the ball. Rocket science.

Unless Marco ditches that pointless zonal marking he won't solve it, 4 out of the 5 we've let in have been set pieces, players have no idea what they are supposed to be doing, we are currently worse at defending set pieces than we were under Martinez who admitted that we didn't even practise defending set plays.
People love to blame zonal marking but it really comes down to the players need to win the ball in the air. Example being today when Jones got beat by Kane for the goal. No one rushed to blame man to man marking because instead you just blame Jones for not doing his job. Same thing with zonal. Davies was the one against Southampton who didn't do his job and let the ball be flicked on. Can't remember who it was against Bournemouth but same thing. Also lumping in Neves free kick and a penalty as examples of poor set piece defending is some Baltimore Police level stat jukeing.

Bournemouth away and wolves away are not "easy games" we came away with a point each, yes we should of managed the game better... but in both games we had players sent off...so in conclussion..a not bad start really. Poor reffing has been a definate hinderance

Especially given United’s form. We should be 6 points ahead of them by now. All through our own stupid errors.
I called the top 4 correctly last year, knew Chelsea would miss out as Conte was on borrowed time. Likewise this year I think united could miss out in the top 4, there is complete disharmony right through that club. Ironically I said to mate, Chelsea could be the dark horses this year. Due to no CL they’ll play weakened teams in the EL and only having the likes of hazard, Jorginho and Willan playing once a week will give them a big advantage.

Wolves got a draw against City. Bournemouth are unbeaten. So as usual, your agenda driven anti Everton bollocks is seen for what it is.

Wolves got a draw against City. Bournemouth are unbeaten. So as usual, your agenda driven anti Everton bollocks is seen for what it is.
Ah, so because Wolves got a draw against Man City, that makes everything ok? 10 man Leicester beat Wolves, are Leicester better than Man City?

Bournemouth have played Cardiff, who are almost nailed on to go down, and West Ham, who have lost every game. Hardly something to big ourselves up by not getting turned over by them, is it?

Can you please tell me how someone who has been a season ticket holder for over 20 years has an Anti-Everton agenda? Think you’re the one talking bollocks, pal.

Still annoyed we only have 5 points instead of 9.

Hi mate,

As a lad above somewhere says, the real football reason as to why we have not got 9 points is not the refs though,
its the flippin zonal marking costs us goals in both draws!

We are just shocking at it.
Maybe the lads to come in can do it better...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.