2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
They got rid of that rule a good while ago

Edit: At least I though they did but honestly I can't really find much about it that isn't from 2011 or earlier. Regardless I highly doubt that this would be considered to be in that category. For example the RS appealed Mane kicking Ederson's face off and it didn't get extended.
I remember thinking that would extend the ban for Mane but noooooope.

Shocker at that

I remember Beckham telling a story of how Keane used to protect him
In one game Beckham was getting kicked around by the full back
Keane told Beckham to swap positions
First chance Keane got he kicked the FB up into the air.
As he picked the FB up he told him to leave the kid alone or he’d get more of the same.
The older players in the squad need to help Rico out more , plus he needs to control his temper
You can just imagine Jagielka stepping in:

"Now eeeerrrr, hehehe, let's not be having this shall we? There is really no need to be nasty Mr. Costa, hehhehe, cheers nice one mate, no harm done, all the best"

Me get a grip? He'd have been more "physically harmed" if a butterfly had landed on his face.
Smith had every right to tell the ref he was fouled, implying he is less of a man because he doesn't want to be headbutted is a pretty backwards way of thinking in my opinion.

Smith had every right to tell the ref he was fouled, implying he is less of a man because he doesn't want to be headbutted is a pretty backwards way of thinking in my opinion.

Two players put their heads together, both not just one, one made a further movement, the other burst into tears and ran to tell his mum and the ref. He’s not less of a man in my eyes, he’s not even a man, and I look forward to the dogs abuse he gets if he turns up at GP.........

Two players put their heads together, both not just one, one made a further movement, the other burst into tears and ran to tell his mum and the ref. He’s not less of a man in my eyes, he’s not even a man, and I look forward to the dogs abuse he gets if he turns up at GP.........
By the time they come here the home crowd will be more focused on abusing Everton players as usual

Talking about the levels of guilt between the two clowns involved, according to what I saw on MOD, Charlison was yards away from Smith and chose to walk towards him in a threatening manner, maybe in response to something heard? The play and the ball were somewhere else. People reacting to fouls is one thing, but deliberately walking over to confront someone unconnected with the current play is another. What happened when their heads touched is less important than what motivated Charlison to confront him in the first place. The 3 games ban is fine if it is accompanied by a huge club fine for unprofessional immature conduct by a highly paid employee.

From watching it myself it didn't look like Smith put his head towards Richarlison at all, might have lowered it slightly but thats it. Rico walked towards Smith, got in his face and then headbutted him.

Everything that happened to Richarlison after was his own making, did he expect Smith to congratulate him on a top notch butting and move on? No, Smith did the sensible thing and got our best player sent off.

From watching it myself it didn't look like Smith put his head towards Richarlison at all, might have lowered it slightly but thats it. Rico walked towards Smith, got in his face and then headbutted him.

Everything that happened to Richarlison after was his own making, did he expect Smith to congratulate him on a top notch butting and move on? No, Smith did the sensible thing and got our best player sent off.

You mean he behaved like a child and ran to the teacher. Pathetic.

could be a blessing in disguise

he's had his ankles snapped about 20 times in 3 games

have a bit of rest could be good for him
No way we rest him.
New rules mean he can play in league cup, so he must play on Wednesday IMO.
The blessing in disguise, could be the start of a cup run though mate !

Agree on this, Smith did the right thing by him and his club, all's fair in love and war....and the match.
Richarlison could of walked away if he wanted too, he took the bait from a no mark when there will be a lot players much better then Smith at trying to get an edge in a game

Given the nonsense at the moment -- whoever has the strongest neck muscles gets the red -- the directive should be changed to any players squaring up to each other and touching heads should be given a red card. That would serve to capture the instigator too -- so often unpunished in incidents like this. At the moment there's an incentive for cloggers like Smith to set traps for better players without any incentive for the referee to punish them properly.

Unfortunately Richie fell for it and we lose him for three games (another nonsense -- it should be one match or no matches given that the directive is now not about violent play with intent to injure, but simply a way of avoiding inconsistency in judgements about headbutt quality). He'll learn and will be surprised to see him ever square up to someone again.

That must be some sort of Pro Wrestling scale

Status
Not open for further replies.