2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the ban for Richarlison. I see where you're coming from, so long as you win, it doesn't matter. Let me put you right, IT DOES MATTER!
If you have a soul, a conscience, or a sense of fair play, these are things that may come to you
by the time you reach the age of 18 years.
It really doesn't to any professional. its the PL, winning is everything as no team wants to fall off the gravy train. All players dive/cheat/whatever to con the ref, its just more accepted now as we have the "there was contact brigade" so every dive with minimal contact is not seen as a dive now.

I agree with the ban for Richarlison. I see where you're coming from, so long as you win, it doesn't matter. Let me put you right, IT DOES MATTER!
If you have a soul, a conscience, or a sense of fair play, these are things that may come to you by the time you reach the age of 18 years.
Smith informed the authorities of dangerous conduct and he had every right to do so. That is the correct process in evey other walk of life, why not football?

It was Richarlison that overstepped the line competitively by trying to physically hurt another professional footballer and was rightfully punished and I hope he never does it again.

Probably the worst analogy there is for our situation. Look at Richarlison: he's built like a brick you know what. How on earth is he allowing himself to be "bullied"?

I'll tell you why: he's not intelligent enough.
I'll give you an opportunity to retract that statement.

Do you honestly believe Richarlison has allowed himself to be bullied in any of our games so far?

What do you mean by "you can expect a bit of this"? That is insulting to most players of his age who are not as stupid or thick as he appears to be. His action is deserving of a huge fine and warning that if he does it again in similar circumstances with a minimum of provocation, we get shut of him. Forget his ability or what he cost, there is no room here for lunatics with lack of responsibility who behave like a thicko on a street corner.
Get real you melt.

Over reaction or what!

What do you mean by "you can expect a bit of this"? That is insulting to most players of his age who are not as stupid or thick as he appears to be. His action is deserving of a huge fine and warning that if he does it again in similar circumstances with a minimum of provocation, we get shut of him. Forget his ability or what he cost, there is no room here for lunatics with lack of responsibility who behave like a thicko on a street corner.

Were we watching a different game. ‘Stupid, thick, lunatic, thicko on a street corner’ are just some of your comments that perhaps over exaggerates what really happened. He got conned and snitched on. He made a mistake, it happens.......

Given the nonsense at the moment -- whoever has the strongest neck muscles gets the red -- the directive should be changed to any players squaring up to each other and touching heads should be given a red card. That would serve to capture the instigator too -- so often unpunished in incidents like this. At the moment there's an incentive for cloggers like Smith to set traps for better players without any incentive for the referee to punish them properly.

Unfortunately Richie fell for it and we lose him for three games (another nonsense -- it should be one match or no matches given that the directive is now not about violent play with intent to injure, but simply a way of avoiding inconsistency in judgements about headbutt quality). He'll learn and will be surprised to see him ever square up to someone again.

Status
Not open for further replies.