2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
was it one of the softest "violent conduct" calls ever? Sure.
Did Smith make a meal of it a flop and whine? Sure.
Was Richarlison wrong? Absolutely.

Kid's got bags of talent, we recognized it, and paid handsomely to secure his services. He needs to mature and understand he is a marked man and needs to rise above it. let the scoreboard do his speaking. Dumb and immature moves like this cost him, his teammates, his club, and his fans. Time to grow up. and if that red card is what it takes for him to learn to rise above, well worth it.

Watch the Newcastle game yesterday a Newcastle player put his head on a chelsea player - yellow card straight away to the player who laid his head in first... = no consistency.....
That's my issue with this, and the Baines penalty for that matter. There's absolutely no consistency. I didn't see the Newcastle incident but could well believe it. I certainly saw Giroud get his head knocked off by a forearm and the ref didn't even give a foul. In the Wolves City game, A wolves defender was all over Silva in the box, and I mean hands in both shoulders, and nothing was given. More contact than with Baines IMO.

I haven't got a problem with these new no contact rules as long as referees are consistent. From what I'm seeing at the moment we're definitely getting the short end of the stick and you just hope things even out over the season. We could do with a slice f luck on one or two of the big games.

I'd have been embarrassed if we'd have had an opponent sent off for that challenge mate. I know I'm in the minority here, but I absolutely hate all the gamesmanship that's infiltrated our game.

I am with you on this completely. It has been a problem for quite a long time but is worse than ever nowadays. Definitely one of the most dishonourable sports out there. Now and again you get a bit of fair play but its extremely rare. I find it embarrassing no matter who is doing it.

Rico was in the wrong.

But the ref should have been able to see that he was about a foot away from him before Smith did that stupid little wince

Yellow to both players. Move on.

Unfortunately we've been conned. But the red card will be a blessing long term.... He won't do that again in a hurry

That's my issue with this, and the Baines penalty for that matter. There's absolutely no consistency. I didn't see the Newcastle incident but could well believe it. I certainly saw Giroud get his head knocked off by a forearm and the ref didn't even give a foul. In the Wolves City game, A wolves defender was all over Silva in the box, and I mean hands in both shoulders, and nothing was given. More contact than with Baines IMO.

I haven't got a problem with these new no contact rules as long as referees are consistent. From what I'm seeing at the moment we're definitely getting the short end of the stick and you just hope things even out over the season. We could do with a slice f luck on one or two of the big games.

You can bet they'd have been given if they played for a top 6 club though.

Some actual almost kopite shouts in here.

The lad moved his head into the face of another player and rightfully got sent off.

Its not a conspiracy, its a player getting punished for breaking the rules of football, it happens to other teams and other teams get away with it, its not top 6 bias, its just simply that referees are clueless clowns who each make about 10 mistakes a game.

This incident wasnt 1 of their many mistakes. Our Manager said its not on and the lad apologised, so we move on and try and put it behind us.

Some actual almost kopite shouts in here.

The lad moved his head into the face of another player and rightfully got sent off.

Its not a conspiracy, its a player getting punished for breaking the rules of football, it happens to other teams and other teams get away with it, its not top 6 bias, its just simply that referees are clueless clowns who each make about 10 mistakes a game.

This incident wasnt 1 of their many mistakes. Our Manager said its not on and the lad apologised, so we move on and try and put it behind us.

Thats it. I think there's some bias towards the top teams but that is refracted through the poor standard of officials.

For the most part I thought the ref handled it well yesterday. Richarlinson had to go. The fact Smith didn't role around on the floor is irrelevent. He took a good decision to send him off too. I have question marks over the penalty, and if he gave that one he should have given the one on Tosun. That being said, I remember Holgate shoving Wilson over and in the context of the game, that could also have easily been a penalty and red card.

Richarlinson needs to learn from this. He will be targetted now. At Watford nobody would target him, few would know him. At Everton he will be targeted most weeks. If/when he makes the step up again he will be targeted every week. This needs to be a learning moment for him.

I also think, some of the antics against Southampton need to be packed in. It will make it harder for him to be protected and will rile opposition fans to the point he won't get free kicks. His focus needs to be on scoring 20 goals this season, which he can do. When Ronaldo grew up he became unplayable. The same is needed.

Just leaving this here as i believe it's relevant :

Ratcliffe was renowned for his robust approach to the game and for being a tough tackler. He was sent off early in his career for a head butt in 1981 on Tommy Hutchison against Manchester City in 1981.[4] He was also involved in an infamous incident with Vinnie Jones in 1989 against Wimbledon. In a bad tempered match, Jones had put in a late tackle against striker Graeme Sharp flooring him, and Ratcliffe steamed forward to challenge Jones aggressively. Jones brushed his head forward in what appeared to be a headbutt, with Ratcliffe going down. Jones later claimed in his autobiography that his head barely touched Ratcliffe's and Ratcliffe had feigned contact to get him sent off, and expressed disappointment at the dishonesty of his fellow "hard man". This was later confirmed in Graeme Sharp's book, Sharpy, My Story when he admitted both him and Ratcliffe exaggerated Jones's contact on them both to get him sent off to their pleasure

Status
Not open for further replies.