2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fully expect us to have enough to win the next three games even without the star player, will be interesting to see who gets the nod on Saturday to take his place.
Would rather go unchanged but least another player is going to get some game time under Marco

Wish we could have seen a bit more of the play right before the headbutt. I think it was Siggy putting in a cross, and Smith tangled up Richarlison in the box so he couldn’t get on the end of it. Smith really made no effort to play the ball. It would have been a soft one, but if Richy goes down there I wonder if he gets the call.

I'd appeal, cite the thing in the rules that says if there isn't a lot of force it can be ignored, say we think that it wasn't enough force and probably just accept it when they tell us no. But I'd give it a go regardless and I'd have done the same for Jagielka as they were both questionable enough to maybe catch a break.

I'd appeal, cite the thing in the rules that says if there isn't a lot of force it can be ignored, say we think that it wasn't enough force and probably just accept it when they tell us no. But I'd give it a go regardless and I'd have done the same for Jagielka as they were both questionable enough to maybe catch a break.

They can increase the ban for frivolous appeals.

So we just accept and move on.

They can increase the ban for frivolous appeals.

So we just accept and move on.
They got rid of that rule a good while ago

Edit: At least I though they did but honestly I can't really find much about it that isn't from 2011 or earlier. Regardless I highly doubt that this would be considered to be in that category. For example the RS appealed Mane kicking Ederson's face off and it didn't get extended.

Wish we could have seen a bit more of the play right before the headbutt. I think it was Siggy putting in a cross, and Smith tangled up Richarlison in the box so he couldn’t get on the end of it. Smith really made no effort to play the ball. It would have been a soft one, but if Richy goes down there I wonder if he gets the call.
Easy to answer if you apply a simple rule; Would it benefit Everton? If so, then NO!

Two top six teams against each other - Fellain's was definitely more of a 'lunge' as well.

Richarlison was an idiot. He should have gone, but it's soft.

Also, if he goes, Smith should go. It's simple.

I am surprised at you succumbing to the victim mentalty, Toff.

Do you not remember this?

And at City away last year, they had a man sent off for a very soft reason :(

I am surprised at you succumbing to the victim mentalty, Toff.

Do you not remember this?

And at City away last year, they had a man sent off for a very soft reason :(

I was fighting with my City supporting friend about that Walker one for a week but it was a fair decision. It was a second yellow, the first was soft but was also one of City's classic we are out of position so just foul to stop the counter fouls then he absolutely hammered DCL. He looks at him and proceeds to shoulder/elbow him in the chin. Honestly it was closer to straight red than not a yellow. More of a red than Richie's imo in that you can see the excessive force, watch DCL's head jolt at 2:05 and compare that to Smith's head.

Silly lad he now shown to the rest of the league he an easy target and players will try and wind him up. Some of his tackles have been aggressive as well. Do like the fire in his belly but he needs to control himself and pick his moments.

It was a very soft red but by the rules of the game it has to be a red so there is no reason for the club to appeal.

With a bit of luck, Richarlison will learn from it and be able to hold his temper in future then if other players do try and wind him up, it could be them getting cards instead of Richarlison. Got to remember he's only 21 and grew up in Brazil where you can get away with a lot more so he still has a lot to learn about the English/European game. He may have fantastic feet but there are always downsides to having a Brazilian in the team. Just look at the amount of diving Neymar does, we wouldn't want to see that from an Everton player.

Status
Not open for further replies.