2018/19 Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
most footballers would still want to test themselves at the highest level and realistically hes not going to turn down a wage is he?

gone a bit literal there for the last point aswell
Then he’s here just for the wage. He knows he isn’t up for the challenge in the PL. he hasn’t been for many years. He’s on the Kenwright gravy train, hopefully that will be no more soon.

He should be looking for a move away before the transfer window closes. But he’s happy still being one of the biggest earners, despite his probably small contribution this season.

To be fair mate, if he's valued by the club and he enjoys it here he's not exactly gonna say 'you know what? think I'll swerve it cos the fans think I'm goosed' - he's obviously going to want to stick around. It's up to the coaching staff to utilise him based on what they see on the training ground.

Chances are this will be his last year and he's not expected to play very often at this stage anyway, so I think some slack can be cut really.
No. He will be on big wages and he needs to be shipped out. Sick of us being a retirement home for these old losers.

Imagine they decide to give him a new one-year deal up until 2020 lol I am certain Baines will end up getting one.

Then he’s here just for the wage. He knows he isn’t up for the challenge in the PL. he hasn’t been for many years. He’s on the Kenwright gravy train, hopefully that will be no more soon.

He should be looking for a move away before the transfer window closes. But he’s happy still being one of the biggest earners, despite his probably small contribution this season.

he was our best defender last season, might not have been the hardest accolade to win but he was. so why wouldnt he think he had a chance to carry that on this season.

think your being a bit try hard with your angry opinion here tbh

he was our best defender last season, might not have been the hardest accolade to win but he was. so why wouldnt he think he had a chance to carry that on this season.

He really wasn’t. This ‘best defender’ of last season thing is an utter myth. How many pens and free kicks did he give away? He’s completely gone. He isn’t even Championship standard.

Yeah, it does make my angry that he’s still here earning millions when he is garbage.

This is a myth, that quite a lot of fans believe for some reason. The truth is that our defence looked much surer without him in it and it was on him returning to the starting 11 that we started to concede goals again.

He is the one who has signed the deal. Why hasn’t he realised he can’t cut it at this level, like so many better players have who were actually younger than him when they retired/dropped down divisions?

He wants the big money and he is clinging on until the bitter end.

Also, mocking the mentally challenged? Just scum.

Sweet jesus

Get off the internet you absolute melon

This is a myth, that quite a lot of fans believe for some reason. The truth is that our defence looked much surer without him in it and it was on him returning to the starting 11 that we started to concede goals again.

personally thought we looked far more assured at the back with him in, may have been a change in tactics as BFS made sure we were solid from the back with little going forward.

he was better than the others for me anyway

personally thought we looked far more assured at the back with him in, may have been a change in tactics as BFS made sure we were solid from the back with little going forward.

he was better than the others for me anyway

He was the better talker of them all, but this meant he spent most of the match pointing and moaning at others to cover his own mistakes (Phil Neville esk).

It's not nice to see his demise and he will end up leaving under a cloud in the same way Howard did, due to us not replacing him 2 seasons ago. He was once a very good player for us, he hasn't been that same player since 15/16 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.